Chapter 9

When Lydia got home from school she checked her computer and discovered another post on a hate account someone made dedicated to her. She immediately closed her laptop as soon as she read the most recent post.
"I need to do something productive." Lydia said to herself.
She got out her large black backpack and began her homework.
She used a pink fuzzy pen to write with. It reminded me of when she was a little girl.
She would run around with a fuzzy pink dress with a crown that had a picture of Cinderella on it. I loved it when she wanted me to have tea with her. I wish she could recognize me like she used to. But my job is to protect Lydia not to crave attention. Although a little recognition would be nice.
I purposely knocked a book off of her dresser, purely out of boredom. It made Lydia's head shoot up away from her homework. She got up slowly and placed the book back where it was. But she stood there with a curious look on her face.
Could she sense me in the room? Should I do something?
I wanted to move some letters around or something like I did when she was little.
But what would I use? I look around and find a scrabble game. I knocked it down making the letters splatter everywhere.

Lydia groaned bending down to clean up the mess. But as she did that I stole some letters to try and spell out 'Hazza.' Lydia noticed me moving around letters and she looked mortified and confused at the same time.
"What kind of Voodoo shit is this?" She asked aloud.

I took some more letters and spelled out 'protection'

After she saw what I spelled out she cleaned up the letters vigorously and quickly ran to the living room.

I didn't mean to scare her. I just want to help her.
I went to scream wait but nothing came out of my mouth. I ran after her regretting my decision of making contact.
That's the thing about growing up; you start to rationalize everything and then you don't recognize what's going on around you. Lydia started to calm down and finally got the courage to go back into her room.

Lydia took a deep breath in, "is anyone here?" She asked looking around waiting for some answer from me.
"If you're here then knock on the wall twice."

I knocked on the wall twice and Lydia got very nervous.

"Did you throw my stuff? Knock twice for yes and once for no."
I again knocked twice and threw the scrabble game on the floor making Lydia a tad frightened.

She kneeled down next to the game pieces and rested her bum on her feet.
"Ok. I see you really like this game."

I spelled out Hazza like I did the first time.
"Hazza? That was the name of my imaginary friend when I was little." Lydia paused. "Are you trying to tell me that your name is Hazza?"

I spelled out 'No I am Harry'. After I saw Lydia had read that I told her that I was her Hazza. Initially her heart dropped not wanting the thought of her "imaginary friend" really being a spirit.

Lydia quickly stood up and had a worried expression on her face.
"No. No. This isn't real."
She started to sweat a bit.
"I don't think you're real."
"Just because you can't see me doesn't mean I'm not real."
I revealed my true self to her like I did when she was little and she couldn't look away. I can't believe I spoke to her. Angels can't speak to Humans unless they have crossed over or have some sort of connection with the spirit world.
"There is no way this is happening right now." Lydia paced around her room. "I'm talking and seeing some dead guy."

"Excuse me, this dead guy is your Guardian Angel if you don't mind." I furrowed my eyebrows at the rude comment.

"I apologize, I just thought I made you up."

"I'm as real as can be. But you mustn't tell anyone about me."

"Yea of course I won't. But if you're my guardian angel then why did you let me suffer so much? Why-"

"Lydia! I'm home!" Theresa came busting through Lydia's door causing me to vanish. "Who were you talking to?"

"Oh I was-" Lydia looked at the spot where I was standing. "I was just trying to memorize lines from a play in english class."