Chapter 13

Liam's p.o.v
I awoke in an old building my vision was slightly fade and everything hurt. I looked around the room trying to figure out where I was.

"Awake i see" the alpha taunted running his claws across my chest " what do you want from me" I asked I tried to move but my wrist where chained to a wall "I want your mate to suffer"

"Why, what did he do " Brett probably found out about Hayden then had sex with some alphas mate or something "your mate killed mine and left her to die he destroyed me and now I will destroy him" the alpha sat in a chair waiting patiently "who are you waiting for" please don't be Brett " I'm waiting for your mate"

I thrashed in my restraints making a lot of noise that bothered the alpha "you know what change of plans" I stopped and looked over to the alpha as he walked in front of me smiling "I think I will hurt you while we wait" he laughed before hitting me in the gut.

Brett's p.o.v
I followed the scent of Liam out of the school there is no time for back up he could already be dead by now

His scent was very faint but still traceable I followed my mates smell through the woods and into a clearing where an old building stood.

The smell of Liam was strong and also the Alpha that took him. I can already smell blood and without thinking i ran into the old building and leapt on to the alpha but he just threw me off with ease. I got up just as quick as I fell down but I couldn't do anything.

The alpha had his claws clenched on Liam's throat if I moved he would kill him "Let him go" I warned "no,no I won't" he said mocking me. I looked over at Liam and he could hardly keep his eyes open blood was slowly flowing from his nose and mouth.

"Please let him go, he has no part in this" I stood up from the concrete ground cautious not to make any sudden movements "he had every part in this, you murdered my mate and now I'm going to kill yours"

"Kill him Brett rip his head off" I was not going to win against the alpha but I do have to try but I can't do anything when the alpha has Liam's life in the palm of his hand. "Kill me okay I killed your mate so kill me don't kill someone who had nothing to do with this" the alpha pretended to think by stroking his chin "um no"

I looked around taking in where exactly I was it's much similar to a throne room there was a throne and big windows but it was all dusty with leaves scattered along the concrete floor there was nothing I could use against the alpha
"B-Brett" Liam cried out as best he could his voice croaky and weak.

"Look she attacked me I didn't mean for her to die my claws were out and when she pounced...I didn't want to leave her she told me to. she said I must she said she knew you would find her and she wouldn't be alone....I didn't mean for it to happen she, she even thanked me from stopping her from kill anyone else".
At this point I was in tears and I kinda feel pathetic I never cry, not like this

The Alpha's face dropped I didn't think he knew how it all went down "she was a new wolf and couldn't control herself on her first night I was busy and she got out and killed a young boy around the age of three she never forgave herself. She was a nurse, she loved helping people it was kinda one of the things I loved about her. I wasn't thinking when I turned her I thought she would be safe with me but I destroyed her"

The alpha let go of Liam's throat and undid his restraints and softly placed him on the ground "she would never forgive me if I did this I can even picture her angry at me haha she had the funniest face when she got mad" the alpha dazed off picturing his mate. It must of been lonely for him now he lost someone so dear

I ran to Liam as soon as I could pulling him on to my lap. I brushed his fringe out of his eyes and wiped away the blood from his lips "Brett, about Hayden" I hushed him "it's fine we can talk about that later" I caressed Liam's cheek and he blushed "Brett don't" he whispered nuzzling into my shoulder "why not"

"Because my wolf his being a bitch and the butterflies in my tummy will dance again"
I picked Liam up bridal style and turned to leave " I'm sorry" the alpha called out just before I left "I'm sorry too"

Liam's p.o.v
My head hurt like a mother fucker I slowly opened my heavy eyelids and saw that I was in the hospital. I rubbed my eyes because my eyesight was a little fuzzy.

I looked to my side and saw Brett asleep with his head on my hospital bed so I poked his cheek. He remind asleep so I poked his cheek again this time he waved my hand away,eyes still closed. "Why is Brett ignoring me" I said pouting to my wolf "um I don't know perhaps he is fucking asleep"

So I have to wake him up. Instead of poking his soft cheeks again I pinched it really hard then I twisted it "ahh mother of fuck" Brett cussed jolting up from my bed "what was that for" he asked rubbing his cheeks and I just shrugged which made him a little pissed

"Can you kiss me" I asked giving him puppy eyes " no" my mouth dropped "he did not just say no to a kiss" I crossed my arms and pouted slowly sliding down into my hospital bed and putting the covers over my head

He pulled the blanket off my head "why won't you kiss me" I wined shaking Brett from his shirt collar "because we don't want the butterflies to dance now do we" I mentally face palmed "did I say something along those lines from before" I asked "yep"

Just then my phone started ringing I didn't even notice it was on the side table until now. I picked up my phone and the caller ID belonged to Hayden I looked up at Brett gaining eye contact basically asking him if he was okay but he looked away and things stayed quiet apart from the phone ringing "I'll wait outside" he whispered and left the room before I could grab his hand "Brett wait"

He gave a fake smile before closing the door to my hospital room. I pulled the phone towards my ear and answered "Hello".