Chapter 3: hahanope

"What are the odds?!?"

"Pretty likely?"

"Wrong! I was right on the money, damn! Lucky girl, your life is now laid out before you!"

"Not really. Appreciate the enthusiasm however." You laughed, staring at the rather modern looking lamp displayed at the furniture store, but cringing away once you saw its price.

"Thank me later when you're married with 3 kids!" Mel cheered, and you groaned, pulling your phone away from your ear and pressing the 'end call' button.

Sorry, Mel.

--1st POV--

I snickered, tucking my phone away in my pocket and longingly eyeing the lamp set to my left.

Oh, screw it.

I grabbed the lamp and set it gently in my cart, grinning happily at my impulsive purchase. As happy as I was already, this lamp would make me even happier. Who knows, maybe it'll even grant me wishes?!

I hummed to myself, pushing my cart along until I heard two loud voices arguing. I love couple fights...

"No, Dan! That's too expensive!"

"Cmon, look how cool it is! Look!"

"It costs too much!"

I instantly thought of the Dan I  met at Starbucks, the sweet-talker who paid for my coffee and sat next to me, but I brushed off the idea.

Dan seems like a really British name, there are probably tons of Dans out there. Loads. Millions.

--3rd person--

"Oh! Excuse me-(Y/N)?" You froze, looking up at him with a rather (unattractive) shocked look. His brown eyes met yours, and he smiled, his dimple popping out and making you swoon internally.

"Ah...Dan. Hi." You mumbled shyly, waving your hand in a childish greeting, staring up at him.

Dan. You are freakishly tall. Seek help.

"How've you been? Are you liking London? Are people calling you a Yankee yet?" You frowned, punching his chest playfully.

"No, of course not! But I do like it here, it's very nice." You giggled, and he chuckled softly.

God, his accent was like caramel, and you wouldn't mind drowning in it. It was caramel, duh. Death by caramel sounds like the right way to go. Yes.

"I'm glad. I'll see you around, yeah?"

"Oh, no! Well, yes, but I want to pay you back for the coffee-" you said frantically, digging in your purse for any cash you might have on hand.

"Oh, don't worry! It was on me, okay?" He smiled kindly, and you felt yourself almost faint and die on the spot.

Death by caramel...

"Y-yeah...okay. Oh-thank you!" You smiled awkwardly, and he nodded, waving you off and walking away with his friend, who hadn't said a word to you, and Dan made no move to introduce him.

--Dans POV--

"You're whipped."

"Shut it."

--
Wow

Almost a years hiatus about a book I was so excited to write

I apologize profusely.

I looked back, and it seems like back then I was a more flowey and carefree writer, I've gotten a bit better since then, but I guess I'll never know hehe.

Comment/ vote for me finally coming back/ no fringe Dan!