Chapter 8

[ Zania's POV ]

"Father!" called Thor as we went to Odin, who was speaking with the guards.

"Father, they're are coming," Thor spoke.

"I was just meaning to fetch you two about this. The Asgardians have seen them too," Odin spoke.

"What shall we do?"

"We must hide her."

I narrowed my brows.

"And what about you?"

"I will speak with them," Odin said.

"No-"

"We will concern with them, Zania. It's for your safety," Thor told. I looked at both of them.

"They are almost here. Hide her!" Odin commanded.

Thor put his hands on my shoulder.

"I need you to go the underground room. You will be safe there. I will come for you afterwards. Understood?" Odin ordered.

I nodded. "Good. Now go!" Thor said.

And as quickly as I could, I ran.

I went inside this room that looked a bit like storage of somewhat. I locked the door and hid behind something large.

I waited.

I didn't like the fact of hiding. It made me feel weak.

I closed my eyes.

I see the Leviathans arriving at the palace. There were at least five. They entered inside. Odin and Thor waiting for them. The Leviathans snarled.

"What has brought your presence upon Asgard?" Odin asked.

"I believe a Faddist is here," one of the Leviathans spoke.

"Faddist, huh? Hm. I heard stories that they were all killed," Odin spoke.

"We know she is here, Odin. I sense her smell," the Leviathan told.

"Even if a Faddist is here, she is under the protection of Asgard," Thor told.

The Leviathan laughed cruelly. "We shall see about that," it spoke.

I came back to myself and I then was slammed against the wall. A hand grasped my neck. I looked into the eyes of a Leviathan. He smirked at me as I choked.

"Hello, princess. We meet again," he says.

I can't speak. He begins to laugh and says, "I'm going to finish what I last started." He slowly reaches for my tattoo on the back of my neck.

Quickly, I grab his wrist. He ululated as his wrist burning from my touch.

Then someone hits the back of the Leviathans' head and it falls to the ground.

I look to see Loki holding his staff in his hand. He looks at me with his green eyes. I hear more Leviathans coming. And in stupidity, I run.

I couldve stayed with Loki, but I just ran. I ran farther into the room. I go behind some broken down wood and lean my back against. I try controlling my breathing. I look into the clearing. I see nothing nor such noise. As I turn back around, I almost gasp loudly.

Loki's hand covered my mouth. His face was close.

He looked into my eyes.

"You're not much of a fighter, are you?" he asked. He slowly removes his hand.

"How did you- Why-"

"You always have a mouth filled with questions," he said.

I hear a noise.

"Do you trust me?" he asks.

I narrowed my brows.

"What?" "Do you trust me?"

I didn't know what he meant, but I just nodded. He grinned at me and spoke, "The only way to survive is to fight for yourself."

Before I can ask what he meant, I feel someone grab hold of me.

The Leviathan squeezes me harder. I push back, slamming him into the wall. I elbowed it in the face. I got loose. I turned around and faced it. I flicked my hand and fire balled into my hand. I pressed it against the Leviathan. It squealed. Then it fell to the floor. I heard another noise behind me. I spun around, ready to throw another ball of fire.

But then Loki grabbed my wrist, and my fire blew out.

Before I could do anything, he aims a hand somewhere. I see what he does, and a ball of fire charges at a Leviathan that was creeping up. It squeaked and fell to the floor. Loki lets go of my hand as I jerk my hand away.

He just looks at me. I was uncertain of why he let the other Leviathan get to me.

Then I hear Thor come in. He sees Loki and I.

"Are you alright?" he asks me.

I nod. He looks at Loki. "Why are you down here?" he asks him.

"He was helping me. The Leviathans were trying to kill me," I say quickly. Loki doesn't look at me, but he smiles at what I said.

Thor looks away from him and says, "They've ran off. But Father wants to speak with you."

I nod and leave with Thor towards the throne room.

"They sent some of the Leviathans to find you, I see," Odin spoke.

I don't reply, looking to Thor with silence.

Odin sighs. "This is going darker than I excepted," he says.

"But I am sure they won't be coming back," Thor says.

"I know they won't," Odin say.

"Then what is the problem?" Thor asked.

Odin just sighs.

"I fear something much more greater," is all he says.