Chapter 13

Logans POV:

It had been a long, amazing week. I had the best time reuniting with Stella and my old friends, but now it's Friday and i have a date. I examine myself in the mirror and nod. It wasn't that big of a deal, but a part of me really wanted to impress Holly. After what happened with Stella the other day, I was weary about even going, but Holly texted me 5 times about how excited she was and i just couldn't cancel. I made my way downstairs and out the front door where my Dad's car sat. He lent it to me for the night and i was grateful. It's a black Chevy truck with black rims. A total chick magnet as my dad would always say.

~~~~~~~~

*At the movies*

"What do you want to see?" Holly twirled her hair, smacking her gum.

"You pick, my lady." She giggled and straightened her floral skirt. When we got to the booth, I got our tickets to see 'Safe Haven', some chick flick that she'd been "Dying to see". We made our way into the theater and took our seats at the top. The room was dark as the previews began. I rested my arm on the arm rest to my left. Slowly, i could feel Holly wrap her hand in mine. My body shuddered, but it didn't feel the way that i felt when i was with Stella. It wasn't the nice shuddering that sent chills up my spine and brought a smile to my face, it was an awkward shudder. I longed to take my hand back, to rid myself of the awkward feeling coursing through me, but i didn't want to upset her within the first minutes of the date she was so excited for. I had to relax a bit and maybe, just maybe, i'd start to enjoy myself.

~~~~~~~~

I lied. I did not enjoy myself. The whole night, Holly could not keep her hands off of me! I know that doesn't sound bad, but trust me, it got real old, real fast. She was very...girly. From the vintage 'hair flip', to the giggling like a little school girl. And man could that girl talk. I was used to Stella, but this was meaningless babble about what  J-Lo wore to the awards show or how fat Kim Kardashian looked in her French renai or something dress. I found myself comparing her to Stells all night, but still she had this charm that i was drawn to. We stood outside the theater, waiting for her Mom to come get her, my arm draped around her shoulder, keeping her warm. Her mom pulled up in front and we said our goodbyes. I kissed her hand and she told me to text her again. Although it had been an odd night, i slightly enjoyed myself.