12. A Cold Hearted Killer

Athena

"It means that you are the only person who'll always love me, it means that you'll become my wife, it means you are the only person who can have my children and it means that you're stuck with me for the rest of your life."

How did my life become this?

A never ending source of horrendous puns and half truths.

With talk of mates and marriage and children.

How did I become this?

I gaze at my flawless reflection in the mirror, my once smokey grey blue eyes a harsh fiery red.

The Devil's eyes.

My soft corkscrew flyaway curls all perfectly sculpted as they frame my face, it's not even a clique to say not a hair out of place. My always pale porcelain skin looks almost ghostly white now, a voice in my head tries to whisper vampire pale, but I push it away. Every freckle gone, every scar vanished, it's almost as it someone attacked me with a jar of pollyfiller in my sleep. The thought causes my lips to twitch into a smile, drawing my attention to my lips. Harlot red. I wake up every morning with harlot red lips, and I have no lipstick on. I didn't even know that harlot red was a natural lip colour. Although, there's nothing natural about me any more.

The thought caused my eyes to sting with tears as I willed myself to push past the anger and resentment that always causes my emotional break downs. Finally I'd found the courage to actually look myself in the eye, I wouldn't ruin this for myself.

I wanted this to be perfect, I wanted everyone to see how well I could apply myself as a vampire, it meant I had to play the part.

The idea that a 17 year old newbie vampire had to act like a devoted loving 'mate' was almost funny.

Almost.

It'd be funnier if it was someone else.

Pouting my new lips I apply a small amount of pale pink lip gloss, in an attempt to down play the shocking colour. Hoping to add some colour I decided to add a small amount of coral blush, although I've never seen another female vampire so I don't know if they even want to add colour into their complexion, Zachary wouldn't have put it in my bathroom if it would offend people by me wearing it. Finally finishing off my natural vampire look with some volumising mascara, it made my already full lashes stand out and frame my eyes making them seem doey and the red not as harsh.

The sense of pride that burst into my now still heart is unnatural. But I can't help but be pleased with the effort I'm making.

I almost look human.

I can't help but be pleased.

After being told the dress I'd worn yesterday had been too causal I decided to look through my massive wardrobe. Once again I was shocked at what my closet had to offer in the way of slightly more formal wear.

I trailed my fingers once silk, cotton and lace. The full ball gowned skirts felt heavy but looked as light as a feather, the scope neck evening dresses looked daring and slutty.

It was so hard, never before had I wished that I could have a maid or even a friend to help me out.

The thought made my hurt clench in an unwelcome way as I thought of the blued Aryan boy that was my best friend. I wonder if he missed me, if he new I was gone, or if Lawrence had told him I'd been savagely attacked by vampire and never made it home. Knowing Lawrence it'd been the latter.

Sighing, I look through dress upon dress until I come across a white cotton baby doll dress with black spots that become more abundant at the bottom, which falls just above my knees. The dress is a shade lighter than my skin, which doesn't make me feel comfortable, but it's the only dress that wasn't too short, too tight or too revealing.