Chapter 29

*Josh's POV*

     I can't believe it. I had just been woken up by a dreadful phone call. I wiped a tear that had escaped my eye and sighed. I put my head in my hands and held back my tears that were so close to falling. I walked quietly towards Mackenzie's room, being careful not to wake anyone. I opened her door slowly. She was still peacefully asleep. I sighed in relief to myself as I walked towards her bed. I grabbed her phone and turned her alarm off. I walked back out and decided to tell the guys.  I opened Simon's bedroom door, he was awake, sitting against the wall. "Hey. Are you alright? You look like you've been crying." He said in a worried time. "I've got some bad news. Come downstairs so I can tell you and Vik." I said in a shaky voice. He nodded and stood up, already on his way downstairs. I went to Vik's room. I opened the door and he was quietly asleep. I walked over to his bed and shook him lightly. "Vik." I whispered as I continued to shake him. "Josh?" He asked as he squinted at me." "I've got some news I need to tell you and Simon. Come downstairs." I said quietly. He nodded and sat up quickly. He followed me downstairs and into the kitchen, where Simon was already sitting. Simon had his hands  under his chin as he stared at the counter. Vik sat down beside him and they both looked up at me. I sighed. "Well, here goes nothing." I said as I prepared myself to say it. "It's Karmyn." I whispered as a tear escaped. I wiped it quickly and looked up at their worried faces. "She got into a car accident.....and didn't make it." I whispered. I watched their faces drop. "When?" Vik asked after a moment of silence and sniffles from all of us. "Last night. Her father called me this mining so I could tell Mackenzie." I said in a shaky voice. "Shit." Simon mumbled under his breath as he buried his face in his hands. "We've got to tell Mackenzie. This is going to crush her." Vik said as he wiped another tear. Karmyn had made a big affect on our lives. She was such a vibrant, happy young girl. She made Mackenzie's life a hell of a lot easier. We heard footsteps coming down the stairs. I looked at the time. It was way past time for Mackenzie to usually wake up. When she entered the kitchen, she was looking at the floor. "Why didn't anyone wake me up?" She asked as she looked up.  She looked at our saddened faces and her mouth opened. "Guys? What's wrong?" She asked, her voice full of worry. "Sit down." Simon said quietly. She did as she was told and took a seat beside me. "We're going to tell you something that you're not going to like." Vik said. She nodded slowly. "K-Karmyn is d-dead." I said with a croak. Her face was emotionless "N-no. That can't happen. This has to be a prank or something. Right?" She said as she stood up quickly. She looked between each of us, waiting for us to tell her that it was a mistake or that it was just a joke. "I'm sorry." Simon said quietly.

*Mackenzie's POV*

      Have you ever been so hurt that you just feel numb? I have many times, but I have to admit that this was one of the worst times ever. I was blinded by so many different emotions. Anger being one of them. I looked at the counter and saw a glass of what looked like water. I didn't care what it was. I grabbed it and threw it to the ground. It shattered. I began pacing around the room, stepping on broken glass multiple times, with tears streaming down my face. I ran my finger through my hair as I stopped walking. My knees grew weak and I fell to the floor. I leaned against the cabinet as I put my head in my hands with my knees to my chest and I cried. I cried so damn much. I don't think I've ever cried so much. I have never cried in front of anyone but Cal. I hated crying at all, let alone in front of people. I knew my feet were full of cuts and glass. There was blood all over the floor, but I didn't care. "Why?" I kept repeating as I sobbed and sobbed. I felt numb. "Mackenzie. Calm down. You're bleeding." I heard Vik's voice beside me, but I didn't know if he was touching me or not. "I don't have a shit." I said as I lifted my head and stared at the blood and glass covered floor. I still had tears flowing. "Let's go get you cleaned up." Simon said as he true to pick me up. I jerked away from him. I was so fucking angry, I couldn't trust myself to not punch him in the face. "It's okay. It's okay." He said as he tried again. "Don't fucking touch me." I said in between sobs. "Mackenzie. It's okay. We've got to get your feet cleaned up." He said in a soft voice. I let him pick me up bridal style. I buried my face in his chest as he carried me upstairs. He opened the bathroom door with his foot and sat me down on the side of the tub. "I'm sorry about Karmyn." He said as he got a tag and began cleaning my feet. I winced at her name, not at the pain in my feet. "Why? Why did she have to leave me?" I said as I wiped my eyes with my shirt. "I don't know, love. But she's in a better place now, she's happy. She would want you to be happy too." He said as he cleaned my foot. I thought about it for a minute. She doesn't have to deal with anything anymore. No bullying, no school, no parents, no drama, no boys, nothing. Nothing at all. Death. It's a solution. But it's a permanent solution to a temporary problem. I have considered suicide multiple times, but I've never done it. I sighed as I looked at the razor sitting on the side of the tub beside me. "Don't even think about it." Simon said as he continued to bandage my bleeding feet. I looked at him. He looked back up at me with sadness an worry in his eyes. I sighed once again as another tear fell onto my cheek. "It's okay." He said as he stood up. I stood up too, ignoring my feet that hurt like hell. He wiped my tear and hugged me tight. "I miss her already." I said as I sobbed. He rubbed my back comfortingly. "I know. I know." He said. I nuzzled my face in his neck. "Do you want to go lay down?" He asked after a while of silent hugging. I didn't say anything, just nodded. He picked me up bridal style and I kept my face in his neck. He layed me down on the bed, but he didn't leave. We laid there, me snuggled into him, his arms wrapped around me snugly. It was silent, but it was okay. I feel like we were paying out respects to Karmyn, being completely silent. I eventually fell asleep. My head in his chest, his arms around me. I think he fell asleep a little before me, because his breathing was deep and steady before I fell asleep. I don't think I dreamt about anything, if I did I couldn't remember it.