21

Camille,

"Can you cut the crap Catherine?"

"No, as I was saying Camille, on that night of the accident, I never died. I didn't know what foolish lies your father grilled into your head, but I never died. Yes, I was put into a medically induced coma but I came out of it a few months later you were gone."

I turned and looked at my dad.

"We weren't together at the time and I wasn't going to just leave you there at the hospital when I had the right to take you home." He said.

"You took her from me and fled to Louisiana."

"I didn't flee nowhere there was no danger, you were no danger to me. The doctors told me you were not even going to make it."

"But I did." She said in a tone that was demanding. She gave me bad vibes, but my dad was giving the same energy off.

I don't know who to believe and trust at this point.
My dad got up from his seat.

"I'm going to the bathroom."

I just nodded.

"Camille, you may not believe me now, but the truth always comes about. Your dad planned to and took my inheritance."

"I don't know what your taking about."

"The money my dad promised me in his will, but he told my family I was dead. They decided to give my portion to you, and NO, there wasn't anything wrong with that, but something told me that he spent it on him and his 'secret' girlfriend." She grabbed my hand and held them.

"If you think it was planned, then how do you explain the car accident?"

"Someone he knew crashed his car into mines."

"So he was trying to kill me too?"

"I don't think so, I think he knew which side of the car you were on because he had set your car seat up and I never moved it."

My dad came back and took his seat, but before he got close I removed my hands.

"So I'm assuming she told you her side of the story."

"Yes she did, but is it true? And don't lie to me."

"Camille."

"It is true isn't it."

"I was a dumb-"

"No I don't even want to hear that."

I grabbed my phone from my purse and texted Odell.

Me:
Can you pick me up?

Odell:
Yeah, where you at?

I gave him the name of the restaurant and put my phone back inside my purse. My eyes were watery, but I tried my best to not cry.

"I'm leaving." I said about to stand up from my seat.

"I drove you here."

"I'm not going anywhere with you."

"Camille I can take you home." My mom said suggestively.

"You never came for me even after you woke, so you guys are both in the wrong. I have a ride." With that being said I walked to the door leaving my parents at the table.

Odell pulled up 5 minutes later and I climbed in the front seat next to him.

"You alright?" He said pulling off.

I just shrugged.

"You place or mines?"

"Yours." I said. If I went home, then my dad would come try to talk to me and I don't want to see him right now.

I had my head leaned on the window and I looked over at my and he had a little smirk on his face. That only made me smile a bit, but I tried to straighten it out because the last thing I wanted to do was lead him on.

"Why you smiling?" I asked him still trying to get mines off.

"I thought about something funny." I knew he was lying.

"Tell me."

"You wouldn't understand." He said, but this time his smile was deeper.

"How did that meeting thing go?" He asked.

"Bad. That's why I'm in the car with you."

He sucked he teeth.

"I know that, but were y'all taking to each other."

"Yes, a bit too much was probably said. I nearly cussed her out."

"Not yo mama. I bet you were taking to her any kind of way."

"I was, and she's not my mom. I'm an orphan."

He chuckled.
"An orphan whose parents are alive?"

"Yeah, she didn't want me so I don't want her."

"She told you that she didn't want you or something?  Cuz' I'm finding that hard to believe."

"No she didn't say that, but you can't just poop up out of nowhere when you supposed to be dead."

"She wasn't supposed to be dead if she alive."

"Stop taking up for her."

"I'm not, but you should try to talk to her again on a different day."

"Okay daddy." I said sarcastically.

"You can call me that again if you want, cuz' I don't mind."

I unbuckled my seatbelt and opened the car door.

"No thanks, I'll pass." I said following him into the house.
--------

Please comment!!
Sorry for errors.