Chapter Eleven - Foreva

I slowly opened my eyes and the bright sunshine hit me in the face so hard I had to close it again. My head pounded so heavily I barely could make myself move, but somehow, with all of my remained energy, I pulled myself into a sitting position. I put my hand to the hurting spot on the back of my head, where I thought I hit my head on the hard wooden floor of Norman's apartment. But then I felt leaves with my fingertips in my hair and my eyes shot open. The sight around me scared the shit out of me: I was in the middle of the woods!

What the hell?!

High trees, bushes and leaves were all around me and the heat was nearly unbearable. My lungs were on fire as I tried to breathe for dear life. I immediately knew I was in Georgia again. The place I hated the most.

How the fuck did I end up here?

Didn't care about my sore head, I stood up and looked around. The view was the usual, just the Georgia desert all around. But then my eyes found the unusual but still too familiar grooves in the ground, so deep, like scars on the surface of the Earth. I would recognized them anytime... I followed the trail of the grooves and as I turned around, I found myself staring at Spectacular. But the motorbike wasn't in pieces, like the last time I'd seen it. It was in one piece, shinier than ever, sparkling underneath the hot sun. And right beside the bike, there was Kieran. He was leaning against a big tree, the one he had crushed into years ago, the one what had taken his life away. But Kieran wasn't dead as he was supposed to be. He was standing there, smoking on a joint, his face was turned toward the sun.

'What's up, sis?' He asked me on his relaxed voice.

'Kieran...' I breathed out, feeling that the shock would bring me down in any second. I wanted to rush to him, but fear held me back. I was afraid that he would be gone if I'd have approached him. So I just stayed where I was, crying and trying to figure out what the hell was going on. 'Are you alive?'

He let out a chuckle then turned his eyes to me and for the first time in years, I could see his eyes I'd been missing so much. I knew why I wasn't able to stand my reflection. We looked so much alike. Seeing myself in the mirror would always make me remember of him. His blue eyes were the same as mine. But I missed to see him so much. 'Ya forgot to see me in pieces, Rei?'

Rei... The only person I would ever let to call me like that. And I missed to hear it from him. Oh, I missed him so much...

'How could I? There's no day I wouldn't remember back of that day, Kieran. I doubt I would ever forget it.' I confessed and pain squeezed my heart. 'I'm never going to get through of loosing you... I miss you every day.'

Kieran, or his projection, pushed himself off of the tree and slowly, gracefully walked toward me, but stopped right before he would reached the point I would have been able to touch him. I reached toward him, in vain. He was too far away and I wasn't able to move any forward, the pain tied me to where I was standing.

'Rei, ya should quit this bullshit. It's gonna eat ya up.' He said, looking deep into my eyes.

'I can't. I've tried. But I'm sinking. I'm gonna loose my mind.' My legs were shaking so bad, I couldn't keep standing anymore, I collapsed onto the ground. I hugged my chest tightly, trying to hold myself in one piece but it nearly felt impossible. All of the held-back pain came crushing on me, like huge waves, burying me deep into the endless sea.

'Yeah, yer gonna if ya won't stop feeling sorry for yerself... It's over. I'm gone. But yer not. Yer alive.'

'I don't feel like that...' Maybe, my heart was still pounding, I had pulse but that was only physical. In my soul I was dead long time ago.

'Yer not dead.' He said suddenly, like he was reading in my mind. 'Ya don't let yerself feeling it. Ya have more time and chance than I got. Ya should take it. It's time.'

I looked at his face, so flawless and clear like I'd never seen before. It was him and wasn't him at the same time. He wore the same clothes he did on that lethal day, instead they weren't sleazy and covered in blood. In his blood. I reached toward him again and this time he did the same. Our fingertips brushed to each other, it felt weird. Not like I was touching a human skin. It was like I was touching the air and it made me more upset. I so wished to feel his touch one more time.

'I feel so alone.' I whispered through my tears, watching our fingers slowly intertwining, but I couldn't feel it.

'Yer not and ya know that. Norm's always at yer side.'

Mentioning Norman made me cry even more. The only person I loved and hated at the same time. But during the years, love won itself upon hatred.

'I can't hurt him anymore. He doesn't deserve this...'

'Then don't. Prove him yer better than a druggie chick. Ya need him as much as he needs ya.' Kieran's words made me narrow my eyes in confusion.

'Why would he need me?' As I asked this question, Kieran stood up quickly, pulling me up as well by holding me at my wrist. I still couldn't feel it. Standing again made my head dizzy, but I tried to hold myself still.

'Go. Help yerself.' He said and leant in, our faces were only inches away from each other. 'Love ya, Rei. Foreva.' He kissed me on the forehead. And that, I felt.