The Conversation

"What?" I shouted. "I must be dreaming." I stated

Her tiny hand gave me a small yet hurtful pinch

"Ow!!" I complained. "Guess you're not asleep!" she snickered.

I realised the fairy had very tiny wings.

'She must be young,explains the immaturity' I thought to myself.

"Enough chit chat," she demanded.

"It has tried contacting you,hasn't it?" she said in a much more serious tone.

"What?" I said as if I didn't hear her. She rolled her eyes.

"A dark figure,its been trying to contact you hasn't it?" she snapped.

"Nope" I said,lying but I couldn't let the fairy take the win.

"You're lying" she said.

"Am not." I said.

"Are too," she said,giving me a glare that told me I was annoying her but I didn't care.

I looked at her,wondering how she knew.

"You must be wondering how I know,eh? Let's just say I'm a dreamcatcher, I see people's dreams." she smirked.

"Dreamcatcher?! As in the thing girl scouts make!?? Pffttt bahaha" I joked.

Her cheeks turned cherry red as she blushed angrily. It looked as if it wasn't the first time someone had said it.

I glanced over my shoulder to see my mother who was now sitting on the opposite end of the dining table. I had been so busy ranting that I didn't notice the breakfast she had made.

There was waffles,pancakes,bacon,French toast,scrambled eggs and bowls of toppings. I licked my lips at the sight of it.

I quickly snapped out of the delicious trance to see Veronica looking me straight in the eye.

"Listen,Gina, you have a power you are not well aware of but you have never noticed it,I'm here to help you notice it," she said in a lighter voice.

"W-what?" I stuttered as the fairy flew straight to me.

Our eyes locked,I could see her golden eyes glisten in the sun.

"You are a fairy." she stated

I was speechless. I looked at my mom who just sat there. She saw me looking and nodded.

Me,a twelve-year old chump,was a fairy.

Instead of joy,pure anger engulfed me. "Why did you wait so long to tell me this??!" I shouted at the two of them to be met with no answer.

"Ughhh fine" I said as I rolled my eyes and stomped up the stairs.