Chapter 3 : It calms before the storm

Brenda's POV :
Since it was a nice and calm day. I decided to go out for a jog. So I changed into a pair of  black shorts and a light red Nike t-shirt with a pair of dark blue Nike running shoes. "I'm going for a jog."I shouted and shut the door behind me. As I put my headphones on a looked up at the sky and saw that the cloud were turning grey and I thought that it would rain. But I pushed that thought on the side, and starting jogging because I liked rain but I didn't like getting wet in it as I would catch a cold really fast that would last for 2 weeks. As I reached half way, the breeze started getting stronger and it started rain. "This isn't the right time to get wet in the rain." I thought to myself and started running back home. By the time, I reached home, I was drenched. "Go get changed or you are going to catch a cold." said David.

So I ran upstairs and changed into a pair of washed out jeans and a white sleeveless t shirt with a long red cardigan which reached my feet. To match with it I wore a pair of black sneakers and tied my hair in a fishtail. When I went downstairs, I saw Austin playing on the X-Box and David was sitting on the couch, playing on his phone. Nowadays his behavior had changed. He was more sweeter to me and Austin. Which was very shocking." What's with the change of mood nowadays?" I asked expecting him to say "non of your business" or "why would you care". But surprisingly he said,"I recently met this girl at college and she is so beautiful that I can't stop thinking about her. I would...um.....need....a point of.....advise from.....you of how to ask her out." Oh my God that brother who never spoke his heart out not only spoke his heart out today but also asked me for a point of advise." Am I dreaming?" I asked him. "Look Brenda I am sorry for being so rude to you for so many years and not being a good brother to you and Austin, but I promise I will the best brother." I had tears in my eyes that my brother had said something like this. I hugged him as tight as I could with tears streaming down. After all of that I suddenly realized that mom and dad had still not reached home. "Did you try calling mom and dad?"I asked. "Their phones are unreachable."