siete

C H A N E L

"Thanks Za." I said, getting onto the last step of my porch.

"No problem," He said back. "It was fun."

Awkward silence filled the air and I didn't know what to say next. I could feel that Za felt the same way.

"So..." I trailed.

"So..." Za repeated.

"I guess I'll go inside now." I announced, getting my key from my clutch.

Before I could do that, Za lifted my chin up with his thumb and started to kiss me. I closed my eyes and kissed back. He tried to put his tongue in, but I denied him. He was frustrated so he spanked my butt and I gasped. He sneaked his tongue in and smiled in the kiss. After what felt like forever, we pulled away.

"I'll...call...you...later." Za said between breaths.

"Okay." I said.

He started to walk down my porch steps, turned around to look at me one last time, and continued to walk back to his car. I put my keys in the front door quickly and it opened instantly. I closed the door behind me and leaned against the door.

"Hey Chan." My dad's voice boomed, scaring me out of my thoughts.

"Hey dad." I said, hugging him.

"How was your first date?" He asked. "Did that lil nigga try anything with you?"

"No dad." I said, rolling my eyes and started walking up the stairs to my room.

"I'm just making sure," He called. "Just know that if he do something disrespectful I'll hit him with a quick one-two."

"Right." I said back.

I got in my room and closed the door. My phone started to ring and I looked at the name. It was Justin. I was really hesitant to answer it because I was trying to get him out of my mind since yesterday. But something told me to answer it so I did anyway.

"Hello?" I asked, an annoyed tone in my voice.

"Hey." Justin answered. He sounded a little out of breath.

"Why does it sound like you took a 2k mile marathon?"

"I was uh...working out." He said.

"At one in the morning?" I asked.

"I don't tell you what time you should work out at, you don't tell me what time I should work out at." Justin said.

"Is there a reason why you called me or are we just gonna keep doing this little game?" I asked.

"I wanted to say that I was sorry for getting in your business," He started. "You can date whoever you want and it was very disrespectful for me to tell you what to do."

"I forgive you." I said.

"I was wondering when you wanted to take more pictures for the project." He said.

"How about Tuesday after school?"

"Sounds like a plan."

"Jay," I heard a girl's voice say in the background. She sounded familiar. "Come back to bed please."

"I gotta go." Justin said quickly and hung up the phone.

"Hello?" I asked. "Justin? Hello?"

He really hung up with me. But most importantly, He lied to me. I don't know why it bothered me that another girl was at his house. I also don't know why it made me so mad that he slept with her. He wasn't even mine.

"That's right Chan," I mumbled to myself. "Za is yours. You should be paying attention to him."

But I had a feeling that I wasn't going to.