[ Chapter - Two ]

When words aren't enough to confess our feelings, our eyes do that for us - they reflect each and every emotion that has been bottled up inside our heart, and no matter how much one tries to hide it, our eyes betray us.

Aairah desperately looked for an emotion behind his best friend's eyes, something that could reflect whatever Viaan's thought were, but like always, she failed miserably to find anything.

When Viaan had showed up in the kitchen, Aadil had cursed under his breath but he had made no move to step away from Aairah, his hands were still around her waist and though Aairah felt uncomfortable in that position under the gaze of Viaan, she herself made no attempt to move.

"Viaan, I never expected you to eavesdrop like that." Aadil gave his best friend a pointed look.

Viaan smirked at that, "Sorry bud, I couldn't help." Aadil sighed but didn't respond in return, to which Viaan continued, "So, you two together now, huh?" He tried to ask as casually as possible.

"Yes, we are." Aairah managed smiled at Viaan, who returned his charming smile.

"Here I thought someone was really thirsty." Viaan teased Aadil who chuckled in response.

"Yeah, you should've taken the hint, dumbass." He winked at Viaan.

Before Viaan could respond, Aairah's phone started ringing. MOM CALLING flashed on her screen, and it that was then she realized how late it was for her to be out like this, without her parent's permission.

"Where are you, Aairah?" Were the first words she heard as soon as she picked up the call.

"Mom, I am at Viaan's place." She said, apologetically.

"I want you back at home in next fifteen minutes." With that, her mother hung up on the phone.

Aairah sighed and she didn't need to tell Viaan what the situation was but Aadil questioned her, "What's the matter?"

"It's ten in the night, she's mad at me for staying out so long." Aairah replied, stepping down from the kitchen counter. Aadil just nodded in understanding.

"I'll see you at school tomorrow." Aadil said as they stood outside Viaan's house, ready to leave.

"Okay." Aairah smiled at her boyfriend.

She was having a hard time accepting that Aadil was now her boyfriend, there was no doubt she liked him but there was this guilt building up inside her when she was continuously reminded of the fact that she was just using him as a rebound.

Aairah was lost in her thoughts when she felt Aadil's lips on her cheek. Though she was confident and had high self esteem, Aadil for the second time of the day, had caught her off guard. She had no time hiding her blush from either Aadil or Viaan.

"Oh man, you guys are cute." Viaan chuckled at the sight of his two best friends, which only made the color in Aairah's cheeks to go deep.

Aadil was looking intently at the sight in front of him, Aairah's smile was contagious, and seeing this girl happy only made his heart swell with love for her.

"See you tomorrow, sweetheart. Goodnight."

With that goodbye, Aadil left and now it was just two of them - Viaan and Aairah.

"I'm walking you home." Viaan announced.

Aairah's eyes shot up at him, "It's late, you don't have to, I can go by myself."

"Exactly Aairah, it's late and I am not letting you walk on the streets alone." Viaan argued, and when Aairah had no come back, she just sighed.

They walked in a comforting silence, none of them desperate to start a conversation.