Shag hair

"Sarah.... Why can't you just chill out and take a few minutes break?"
Danny whined.

Sarah put down the guitar and stared at Danny who was sprawled out on the couch in the practice room. Her own guitar was on the floor next to her.

"Danny! We can't! We have to work on this song!"

"Yeah, Mrs. D'Angelo only gave us 20 minutes of class time to work on it." Erin said. Danny looked up at her from the couch. She had almost forgotten Erin was even in the room. She then rolled over and moaned angrily.

"But I have crrraaaammpsss!!" She groaned. Sarah shook her head slowly.

"I know how you feel but Mrs. D expects us to get out there and play this song." She said. She started to lightly pluck the strings of her instrument.

Daniela knew that both the girls were right. She stretched out and then suddenly sprang up off the couch. She walked over to Sarah and put her arms around her neck.

"Saraaahhh... Nobody would even know that we just took a break instead." Erin stifled a giggle while Sarah tried not to grin, unsuccessfully.

"No, Danny it's tempting but I can't just crash on the couch when we're supposed to be practicing." She said, trying to pluck the music.

"Bleehhggghh... Cmon pleaseeeeee," Danny pleaded into Sarah's ear. She pulled her tighter until their cheeks smushed together. Sarah started blushing and giggling.

"Hey stop, Danny!" She exclaimed when Daniela wrapped her in a hug.

"Sarah!!" Daniela practically moaned. "Saaaarraahh!!" She kept yelling.

"Uh guys, you know that everyone in the main room can hear us. This isn't a soundproof room," Erin pointed out.

Danny froze in the middle of hugging Sarah with wide eyes.

"...What."

"Yeah... You know this," She said sheepishly.

Daniela released Sarah and groaned. "Shiiiiit. Everybody heard that?" Daniela face palmed and picked up the guitar while Sarah laughed. She walked over to her spot with the music stand she shared with Sarah and put the guitar strap around her neck. She grumbled her discontent as she messed with Sarah's hair.

"...Fuckin' Sarah..." She mumbled. Sarah scoffed and said, "What the hell do you mean 'Sarah'? You're the one wanting to cuddle on the couch." Her tone seemed offended but she couldn't shake the smile off her face.

Erin didn't offer any comment. Danny sat down on the couch again and replied, "But it's comfy," earning another smile from Sarah.

"Just come chill for a second. I have cramps and I just wanna lay here enduring this awful pain." She closed her eyes and patted the space next to her. She popped open one eye and stared at Sarah.

"I've got an open spot here for a buddy," Danny cooed, raising her eyebrows. Sarah grinned again and groaned, "Danny! We fucking can't! Stop tempting me!" Danny grinned like a Cheshire Cat at her comment.

Oh my god I'm being way gayer than usual right now. I need to tone it down. Look at fucking Erin! She must know. Danny thought. She started to straighten up a little bit.

Erin was just standing there ready to play the guitar like they should've been doing. She was watching their exchange silently.

"Damn! Okay, shit! We'll play!" Daniela snapped. She got up and picked the guitar up again. She counted off a measure and they started to play. They had only gone a few measures before Sarah lost her fingering and stopped.

"Whoops, that's a tricky part," she said.

"Cmon dude we had it," Danny said.

"Let's just do it again," Erin suggested.

"C'mon woman, what's the problem?" Danny put an arm around Sarah's neck.

"My bad, guys! Let's keep going!" Sarah said, but it was too late, Danny had already stretched out once again on the couch.

"Why the hell does Mrs. D have a couch in here anyways?"

"Just come here and forget about it..."

"You're being more affectionate than usual, Dan."

Daniela scowled. Shit, it's noticeable, She thought. But she shrugged it off so Sarah wouldn't notice her reaction.

"Periods. What're you gunna do?"

Suddenly a door opened and a head poked in. It was Seth, with his long hair tied up in a man bun.

"Guys, time's up... Also, we heard some of your conversation," he cackled. Danny groaned and Sarah blushed.

The three picked up their instruments and music stands and returned to the main group. The other group practicing came back too, and Mrs. D'Angelo was about ready to hear them together.

"Hey Sarah, what happened to your hair? It's been messed up." Dylan said. Sarah's hair had been ruffled up from Daniela hugging and grabbing her.

"Yeah, you look like you got busy back in the Shag Shack." Seth joked. The back room with the couch they had been practicing in was usually inhabited by some extra 'loving' couples during lunch and sometimes class, giving the room its name.

Sarah looked over at Danny as if blaming her for the hair, and Seth caught the look.

"Oh Danny, you been shaggin' Sarah?" He laughed. Danny stiffened at the comment. She forced herself to make an annoyed face and answer snappily, "uh, no?"

Her pulse quickened. She regularly denied anything suggestive about her and Sarah, but truthfully she wished everyday that she could say yes. Even joking about it seemed too much for her these days. It was much too close to the truth for her liking.  Her pulse raced and she always quickly jumped to show opposition to any notion of her and Sarah being anything more than just friends. She felt like if she said anything, even if she wasn't serious, everyone would believe her. They would know, and her secret would be out.

"That doesn't explain what I heard..." Seth sang obnoxiously. Daniela scowled.

"Shut it, Seth. Play your stupid bass," she said. Seth just laughed like he did at everything.