Planning

Having ridden until the sun had long gone down, Abel was extremely glad to be helped down from the horse when they finally stopped at the edge of his old town. He'd been dozing during most of the ride, but as he stood there, staring down from the small hill they were currently standing on, he could feel his stomach gurgle with worry.

"Abel?"

Blinking back from his thoughts, Abel looked up to see Kirin offering him a hand. "We will get a room for tonight and deal with everything else tomorrow."

He wanted to argue that he didn't have the time to wait, but knew that Kirin likely wouldn't listen anyway. "Yes, sir," Abel eventually mumbled as he took Kirin's hand and allowed him to lead him inside the small, warm inn. After traveling all day, he was aching terribly and quite hungry, though his angry stomach likely wouldn't allow food.

They stopped only long enough for Kirin to buy them a room and get a key before he was being pulled down a small hall. It was dimly lit with only a candle at either end, giving them just enough light to allow Kirin to fit the old key into the lock and open it. There was no candle to be seen as they stepped inside, but the small window that opened up to look out on the night sky over the town allowed in just enough light from the moon so that they could see without running into each other or any of the walls.

Once Kirin set his things down near the single bed, he turned to Abel, making him fidget where he stood. He was hesitant to get near the bed with Kirin standing by it, but knew he shouldn't be. It had just been a mistake, yet he couldn't seem to get the hesitance out of his mind. Kirin seemed to catch it, too, because as soon as he finished tugging off his shirt and dropped it to the floor, he walked over to Abel. Abel wanted to back away, but there wasn't but a step or two behind him before he would hit the wall, so it wasn't worth it. Instead, he braced himself and, sinking his teeth into his lower lip, straightened his back and lifted his head high.

He wasn't sure what he'd expected the man to do exactly, but when Kirin just gave him a tired smile and turned to walk over to a small dresser with a bowl of water and two small folded pieces of cloth on it, he blinked, confused. Abel stood stock-still for one long silent minute before Kirin was back, one of the squares of cloth in his hand, wet from being dipped into the water, then wrung out.

"Abel, please let me see if your injury opened up again. It was bleeding earlier."

Hearing the strained worry in his voice had Abel hesitantly did as asked. He was embarrassed, but he just kept reminding himself that they had made a simple mistake, even though he felt an odd twinge in his chest each time he did so. He easily removed his shirt, since it would fall over his backside if left on. Then, when he finally managed to fumble the button undone on his pants, which he had fastened before entering the inn, Kirin helped him carefully tug them over his hips, then let them drop to pool atop his shoes. Immediately he felt Kirin's gaze all over him, but the moment he let his own lift to meet Kirin's, the man's gaze was on his and he was giving him a gentle smile as he leaned forward. Kirin's left arm wrapped around his waist, holding him close as the cool cloth trailed down his heated skin to slip into the space that needed to be checked. Abel couldn't help the wince and shiver that forced itself free as a sharp pain stabbed him where the cloth began to massage as Kirin leaned over his shoulder on his tiptoes to see a little.

"It does not look like it bled much more. Hang on for just a moment, and I will clean you up."

I can do it... Abel thought, though he didn't bother actually voicing the words. It hurt quite a bit, and he knew if he was left to do it by himself that he would either put it off, or just not do it at all because of the pain.