Chapter 3 Royal Blood

They approached the magestic gates if the castle and lily noticed a live oak carves into the large wooden doors about 10 feet tall. Two of the guards at the entrance said nothing and bowed while the other guards open the gates. Diana told lily to leave the horses at the stable next to the guard tower so she did so. The only thing the elf said to her was to follow her while lily still extremely confused about what or why she was in this city because she was only a maiden of terrorvail. When they got inside she saw the magnificently carved pillars and beautiful marble floor with a velvet red carpet leading to a throne at the end of the room. It made the church in Terrorvail look pitiful compared to the elven castle. Diana signaled lily to enter with her. Without a word she obeyed and walked down the velvet red carpet until she reached the empty throne. Then Diana turned around and sat down in the throne which stunned lily as she realized she had been traveling with an elven queen. Diana told the guards to shut the doors and ordered them to leave the room. Lily said in a confused voice "why I here?" Diana had a servant to get her a chair and when the servant returned with the chair and placed it behind lily who quickly sat. Diana then said "sorry to leave you in the dark so long, but what I am about to talk about is too important to discuss in public. Now where to start?" As she tapped her finger on the armrest of the golden throne her face brightened of finding where to start. She then began "Have u heard the story of the lost heroes?" Lily nodded and said "Yes, my mother told it to me when I was little. Why? What about it?" Diana spoke again "then you know well that it was over 200 years ago and that the council of the guardians had fallen then. Which also was over 800 years old and made up of mostly immortal members although there was a few members u had enchanted themselves so the don't age. Am I correct?" Lily was dumbfounded that the guardians council was that old which amazed her since she learned that u had to be at least 100 to get in which is why not many got in.

Lily stared in wondered how the elven queen knew so much about the guardians council. Lily decided to ask her "how do you know so much about the council?" Diana opened her mouth to speak when she was interrupted by a male voice coming a door on the right side of the throne which said "how we know so much you ask? Before I reveal the answer name as many races of the guardians as you can." Lily was in deep thought and looked up and saw Diana waiting patiently for an answer. Lily finally said" there was a few humans, wizards, elves, dragons, barbarians, giants, and dwarves if I'm correct." The voice then answered "do you know the names of any of them?" Lily said no and asked the voice how she was supposed to know these things. The voice responded quickly saying "just curious."

"Well if you want to know why your here let me explain our situation" Diana spoke. Ok was Lily's only response since she was curious about what was going on with the different races. The elf then said" well to you humans there seems to be nothing much between the races, but actually because of the goblins who broke their truce of peace with us and allied the barbarians along with the liberation army and if you don't know already they are an army of humans who claim to keep peace in favor of the guardians council. When they actually take food from the people they cross and propose unfair taxes and call it a law. Know since the elven council forbids that I go to Moria and talk with the guardians council which meets there." Lily was shocked about what she just heard because she thought that it was a murder not a war. That was not the only thing that shocked her, but the fact that some of the guardians from the council still live. After processing this she asked" Where are all the guardians council members?" Diana looked at her with suspicion and asked why she wanted to know, but the only response was a shrug so she told her" The former guardians council members are everywhere. Everywhere you can think if there is most likely at least one guardian to watch over their assigned places." Lily still wanted to know how they knew so much about the guardians council when she saw a figure emerge out from behind the throne.

It was a tall, gray haired man who looked quite young in his mid 20s at least yet he had the look of someone who was wise. He wore a tan leather vest, with a white t-shirt underneath, worn out black boots ,and some brown ,ragged pants. He spoke in a calm and composed voice and said" my name is Virgil,whats yours little girl?" As soon as the words escaped his mouth Lily jumped at him and slapped him as hard as she could without hesitation. Virgil, caught back by this, was too slow and she hit his face at full force making him drop of the ground with a loud thud. As soon as she did so she yelled "I'm not a little girl I'm a grown woman!" Virgil now propping himself up on his left arm and rubbed the red hand mark on his face with right hand while saying "oops my apologies." Diana watched The strange event unfold and laughed at this sight which made Virgil turn around and glare at her while saying "what are you laughing at?" She responded saying "oh nothing just watching you getting back handed by a girl." Virgil quickly got to his feet and ran at her and yelled "Why you lit-!" but was cut off when the elf was already at her feet with a dagger pointed at his throat. This made Virgil stop dead in his tracks and said in a nervous voice    " curses..." Lily was shocked that the elf was able to react that quickly and was so quick to protect herself which was extremely rare amongst most people. No one spoke a word instead they just stood there in nervousness and fear. Finally after what seemed like hours she removed the sword from his throat and calmly said "don't let that happen again" as she turned to sit down. Virgil quickly contorted  "yes ma'am." Diana then said in a very strict voice "thats what I thought because I thought you had to be very calm and collected to become a guardian which is not what I'm seeing." He quickly countered her response with"Diana you have no right to says so because I've seen you do worse." She was about to respond when she was interrupted by Lily who exclaimed "Guardians?! But how they all died in the last large battle over a yer ago?!" Lily stopped for a moment to comprehend what she had just heard and looked up at the two strange beings that stood before her. She started to become dizzy as the room started to spin all around her and her vision and balance seemed to be fading quickly until she fainted and fell to the floor.

      *                      *                      *