Chapter Two

I woke up, to see Dakota shaking me.

"Yes?" I asked.

"Dad had to go to work, and well, I'm not real good yet with Nicki, so I was hoping you'd get up to help me?" He asked.

"Of course, all you had to say was get up." I said.

    I dragged myself out of bed, and got dressed after a quick shower. When I walked down to the living room, I saw Dakota holding a sleeping Nicki.

"Go lay her on my bed, and I'll make breakfast." I said.

"You sure? You just got broke ribs." He asked.

"Yeah, positive, go on."

    I walked into the kitchen and pulled out everything I may have needed. I was making Dakota and myself the best breakfast ever. Oh, and I was going to save enough of everything for Leland also. I am making Bacon, Sausage, Cheesy scrambled eggs, biscuits, gravy, waffles, pancakes, and French toast. Dakota came down, and sat on the counter.

"You're cooking a lot." He stated.

"Yeah, why not right?" I asked.

"Yeah, I think Cobie and Leiah will like it."

"Who?"

"My brother and sister. They're headed over soon."

"Okay, are they allergic to any of this?"

    He came over and looked at all the food.

"No." He answered.

"Should I fix anything special for them?" I asked.

"Yeah, Leiah probably would want fruit."

"Okay."

     There was a knock at the door, so Dakota went to answer it quickly to make sure and not to wake Nicki. I was making bacon, when the grease popped my arm.

"Crap!" I said a little loud.

"Who was that?" I heard a woman ask.

"Carly, Dad's girlfriend." Dakota answered.

    I'm not Leland's girlfriend. What is this kid talking about? Dakota walked into the kitchen, and walked over towards me.

"Carly, can you come talk to my mom? Tell her that you're Dad's girlfriend." He said.

"Is your Dad on this?" I asked.

"Yeah, he told me to tell you. If you want you can call and ask."

    So I called Leland.

(L- Leland, C- me)

L- hello?

C- hey I got a quick question

L- ask away

C- am I supposed to act like your girlfriend in front of your kids mother?

L- yeah, I hope you're not mad, but I just want her to leave me be, and this is the only way.

C- alright I will.

L- thanks, bye

C- bye

     I walked out with Dakota to see his mother. We walked to he door to see a slim woman standing in the door way.

"Mom, Carly. Carly, Mom." Dakota said.

"Hello." I said.

"Hi, you must be Leland's new girlfriend huh? Another one." She said.