Feign

So I was listening to a song while reading a fantastically written fanfic, and as soon I finished I had to write this idea down. I couldn't get it out of my head at all, so here I am, presenting to you an angst story about my OTP, ereri.

Enjoy!

Anxious fingers drum the glass bar counter as his heel clicks against the metal bar stool. All movement cease as he picks up the untouched whisky on the counter and downs the liquid in one gulp. He then shakes again with the desperate energy of a rusted spring. 

Storm grey eyes send a sharp threat towards the nervous bartender. He stares as the amber liquid blurs the purple beams from the empty dance floor. 

The mood in the bar lightens with a pleasant ding and the bartender hurries over to greet the guest with relief. His face falls when the newcomer, a brunette with golden eyes, gestures with a polite smile towards the lone customer hunched at the bar. 

The grey-eyed man says nothing as the brunette settles down next to him and waves for the same thing he's having. He doesn't spare any greeting for the man next to him, merely empties the glass again. Soft melancholic music plays in the background: a slow waltz in minor, an encore to grand evenings and splendid soirées. 

"Levi," the brunette starts. The bartender hasn't come to refill Levi's cup. He wants to punch the glass bar top.

"Levi, it's me, Eren," the brunette, Eren, whispers soft and low, dangerously.

"I know," is Levi's reply as he reaches out for Eren's tumbler. Eren grabs his wrist, stopping him centimetres away from touching the glass. 

"Levi."

Gentle hands lift Levi's chin to meet Eren's steady gaze, and it takes all of his willpower to steel his grey eyes.

"It's ok," Eren whispers, muffled by a red scarf around his neck.

And Levi breaks down. 

Tracing the shiny, silver band on Eren's finger, Levi allows the tears to free fall as Eren speak quietly about how he was engaged to Mikasa Ackerman at birth, and now that they are both of age, he is to fulfil that oath and take Mikasa as his wife. Both families have high hopes for this tie, for it brought two prestigious families together, giving Eren the choice to take over both family companies. He also knows that Mikasa is head over heels in love with him, but Eren only sees her as a sister. 

Of course, Levi is invited to his own sister's wedding. 

The irony is so bland and cruel that he allows a dark chuckle to slip through, and he only has Fate to blame. Knowing his family, they wouldn't dream that their successful son is having an affair with another man. If Eren chooses to take over both companies (which Eren swore, with a fist over his heart, that he wouldn't), the Sina company with a charming CEO by the name of Erwin Smith will be more than happy to take Levi under his wings. Either way, the marriage shouldn't have affected him at all.

Yet...

"So, tonight's the last night you're single, huh," Levi's voice cracks as he entwines their fingers together. Terrible guilt settles between them, along with the longing. Eren sighs into the broken atmosphere, helpless and vulnerable. 

Levi doesn't know how it starts, or who starts it, but the second they are inside Levi's grandeur penthouse apartment, they begin to tear at each other's clothes as their lips collide. The car ride had been suffocating even with the convertible roof down. Tomorrow, he will be brutally ripped from Eren, his only source of meaning and fulfilment in a world without monsters. His only reason for living has always been Eren. What will he do tomorrow morning when his lifeline is signed away with inky scrawls? 

But it's too early to worry about tomorrow, and all Levi can do now is commit the silky, chocolate locks to memory. The way the tangles disappear as his fingers make themselves at home among them. The way Eren knows the pressure to apply when marking Levi, leaving him craving more. Their feet stumble over each other as they guide lost souls to Levi's king-sized bed, and knees collapse just as they touch the edge of the mattress. The two boys tumble head over heels onto the soft surface, all while managing not to break their kiss due to years of practice. Every touch Levi leaves spell an unspoken, forbidden message of temptation.

One more night, one last time.

Even though they both have the shape and taste of each other's mouth branded into their brain, there's always more to discover, mapping out familiar terrain over and over again. Levi nips Eren's tongue gently. He pulls back to admire a flushed face and lust-clouded, golden eyes. His heart clenches at the thought of someone else being the reason Eren made that face.

"I...I can't" Eren jerks his head, sealing his lips closed. Yet one breath on his lower lip is all it takes to part them.

"Let's pretend that you will still be mine, even after tonight," Levi squeezes his eyes shut to prevent any tears from spilling again as he snakes a hand up Eren's shirt. Eren huffs into his mouth as Levi brushes a nipple.

"Call my name one last time," Levi knows that he is pushing boundaries, possibly breaking them. But he needs Eren out of his system because as soon as the wedding ring goes on his finger, he will spend his first night in years without Eren's body heat.

"L..Levi," his moan came out as a sob, and all Levi can do is kiss the tears away while pulling Eren's shirt off.

"One more night," no longer able to control himself, Levi viciously pins Eren against the bed.

Levi ignores the way his name is screamed like a cry for help,  the way sweat mix with tears as they tease each other mercilessly. He pretends to not notice the silent tears still coursing down their cheeks as they connect for the last time.

If you liked this, please don't forget to vote or comment! Thank you for reading :D