2 | Carlisle High

"This house is a fucking copy of the one in Twilight," Alec muttered. "Jesus Christ, the only thing missing is an effeminate vampire jumping into the woods from the bedrooms."

I raised an eyebrow and snorted. Alec raised a hand and shielded his eyes from the sunlight  pouring through the glass wall, hissing. Jet lag's a real bitch.

I poured cereal into the bowl in front of me and grabbed a spoonful. I glanced outside at the start of the changing season. Autumn would always be my favourite. The air seemed to smell better, the food always tasted good and the outfits were definitely cuter.

"Get up. Mom told us that we have to arrive early today, remember? " I stood after checking the time on my phone. Alec moaned in response but eventually dragged himself off the chair and followed me out of the kitchen.

I grabbed my backpack and checked its contents. Once satisfied, I fetched the brand new car keys from the coffee table and made my way outside.

Alec glanced at the key chain on my hands and I smirked at his forlorn expression. His car hadn't arrived yet which made it even sweeter to test my Jeep first.

Mum and dad bought cars for both of us so that we could get around town independently. So that we could explore, they said. I guess they don't have the tube in Carlisle, and I've got absolutely no problem with that. They got us twin Jeep Wranglers, but mine was matte black while Alec chose silver. I squealed in excitement when they told us the news, but I hadn't had the chance to drive mine yet.

We walked outside and I opened the garage door with the remote control. I sigh in contentment upon jumping onto the brand-new leather seats, running my hands over the steering wheel.

I love cars. I'd loved them ever since I was young. They're one of the things that I'd probably indulge in when I have my own money.

Alec accomodated himself on the passenger side and closed the door, eyeing me jealously. I just smirked at him, over-the-moon excited to try the Jeep out.  I punched the school's address into the built in GPS, and then maneuvered out of the  driveway.

The house wasn't right in the centre of town, and I drove on a road surrounded by lush trees for about ten minutes until it receded into houses. We reached Carlisle's commercial area soon enough and I spotted cute little cafes, restaurants and shops all around.

"The town seems nice enough," I said over the music.

"I already miss clubbing," Alec pouted. "And I bet they don't even have any decent art stores around here."

"Stop whining, you haven't even checked yet. And we can always go shopping in Hartford or New York during the weekends." 

We reached the building five minutes later and I looked for a place to park. I find a spot and carefully parallel park, checking the sides of the Jeep in the process. I was so not prepared to watch some sleep-deprived teenager crash into my brand new baby anytime soon.

We left the car and walked towards the main entrance, already full of students rushing around before classes. Carlisle High was written in bold letters on top of the steps. We walked through the main corridor and headed towards the administration office. A plump lady smiled at us as we walked inside.

"How may I help you?"

"My name's Alec Parker, and this is my sister Lux. We're new here." 

"Right! I'll fetch your papers," She stood and disappeared through a door behind her. I tapped my fingernails absentmindedly as I glanced around. Pictures of fishing trips, picturesque spots in the forest, and faculty parties hung around the room, giving it a rustic vibe.