Closer to Death

Cane walked on the cobble stone road, a shotgun in hand. The rain was pouring down, causing Cane's long, brown hair to be wet, but she didn't care. She had work to do, work that had to get done.Cane's black skinny jeans clung to her legs, her black tanktop was covered by her black leather jacket, and her hair clinged to her face and body. Her brown eyes were serious. 

Crack.

Cane pumped her shot gun and aimed it to where the sound came from. Nothing happened. Cane kept her gun pointing at the dark woods to the side of the road. 

Cane lowered her gun after a few minutes and turned back to the road. Just as she turned her back, the thing making the noise jumped out at her. Cane spun on her heels. A corpse was standing on the side of the road, drool dripping down its body, the smell ilumiating the air. It charged at her, Cane smiled. She raised her shotgun, aimed at the corpse's head and shot a bullet straight at it. The corpse flew back from the power of the shot, and layed upon the ground, dead, well deader then it had been. 

Cane put her gun back into her backpack on her back and walked up, looking at the corspe. "Thanks for the present from hell." She said, leaving the corpse to rot in the rain.