The Story of Cane.

8 years ago

"Cane! get up sweetie!"

Cane slowly crawled out of her purple, twin bed. She streched and examined her room. Her light purple walls did not have a mark on them, although her yellow curtains were starting to fade.......Cane shurgged and walked to her cloest. She pull out a pink shirt and blue jeans.

"Cane! Sweetie! Hurry up we are going to be late!" Cane's mother called from down the hall.

Cane sighed. She walked down the hall and into the bright red kitchen, where her mother was waiting by the garage door, purse slung over her shoulder.

"Cane! Don't give me that look. I promise we will be back in time before your brother comes home with your father from the airport. Now get in to the car."

Cane went out the door and opened the car door. She hopped into their Jeep liberty. "Mom! Why do we have to get Kasey? Why can't she drive here?!" Cane whined from the back seat.

"Cane! You know your sister's car is totaled."

"Yeah. but that doesn't mean she couldn't get here without our help." Cane said, crossing her arms and looking out the window at the rolling hills covered with trees.

40 minutes later, their car rolled up to the enterance of the college. The campus was covered with trees, and the old, brick building were tall. Cane craned her neck to look up at the clock tower in the heart of the campus.

"Cane look." Her mom said, pointing out the window at Cane's sister, standing on the sidewalk with a duffle bag next to her.

"Lindsay!' Her mom said, yelling out the rolled down window.

"hey mom!" Lindsay said, waving and picking up her duffle bag. Lindsay opened the back and put her things in, then walked to the passenger side and got in.

"Cane! Say hello to your sister." Cane's mom demanded.

Cane shifted and grumbled "Hi." to her sister.

"Hi Cane." Lindsay mimicked her voice.

"Lindsay. Don't you have something to say to your sister."

"Oh ya. Happy Birthday Cane!"

Cane tried not to crack a smile, but couldn't help it. "Thank you."

************************************************************************************************************

"Ah! Mom! I thought you said we would be home before Jason!" Cane said, jumping out of the car and running through the front door.

Cane looked around the living room and kitchen area, but no one was around. Cane wandered downstairs to the basement and found her brother, sitting on the big brown couch, watching a football game.

"Jason!" Cane screamed, jumping over the couch and landing in her brother's lap.

Jason groaned. "Ah! Hey there Cane!"

"I missed you Jason." Cane said snuggleing her face into his neck, his blonde hair longer than the last time she saw him.

"Hey Jason." Lindsay said, coming down the stairs, into the basement.

Jason lot over his shoulder at his younger sister leaning against the back wall, arms crossed. "Hello Lindsay."

Cane felt jealous. She grabbed her brother's chin and turned his head back towards the TV. Cane snuggled into her brother's chest and watched the football game that was playing on the 60' inch TV screen.

''Jason! Cane! I brought down some snacks." Cane's mother called, walking down the stairs carrying a bowl of puppy chow and two bottles of ice cold rootbeers.