MysticalLove' Chapter Two - Are you okay?

WRITTEN BY MYSTICALLOVE ÿ CO-WRITEN BY DINA14

CHAPTER TWO

“Are…,” Ryann paused as I stepped back in the room and taking a seat in my original chair beside him, yet refusing to look his way. “Are you okay?”

My make-up was smeared and I have been absent from the session for more than an hour. I am yet surprised they- being the judge- hadn’t postponed the date.

“Just peachy,” I shot back, sarcasm filling my vocals. I smiled, meekly and lifted my head to look Judge Marion in the eye. “Sorry about that, I wasn’t feeling well, must just be a stupid bug going around.”

She nodded, looking at her papers. “Mmm hmm.”

“So,” I clasped my hand together, letting them falling to the fabric of my grey pencil skirt. “So can you tell me why precisely I cannot get a divorce from Ryann,” I said, using all the strength I had not to start bawling my eyes out at the use of Ryann’s name.

“Yes i can,” she smiled. “While you were gone I already explained it to Mr. Halle the reasoning, so I am just going to give you the brief explanation, and you can ask him with any further questions so I can move to my next case, okay?”

I nodded, knowing I wasn’t going to be talking to Ryann, i rather have my questions  go unanswered then talk to him.

“So when the two of you had gotten married, you were only in high school, or just graduated at least. So, you were not in University and Ryann was not working the MBL, correct?” I nodded, not sure where this was headed. “And we all know that there is a fair bit of cash flow in that occupation, correct?” I nodded again, finally understanding where this was headed. “Normally, when rich people, I guess you could call them get married, they have a prenuptial agreement. Basically meaning that the money made in the household is given to the person earning it." She continued,

“Since the two of you were just a lower class couple back then, you did not have to worry about the prenup’. Now, things get fishy. We don’t know, nor can we find out if you married Ryann back then just for the money. So, now we have to challenge the two of you to stay married for six months, attend counselling and try to work it out, then you can get a divorce and the money will be evenly distributed to the two of you.”

She finished abruptly and headed out of the room in a rush.

:. 5 MINUTES LATER .:

“What. The. Hell,” my mom cursed as a brand new, shiny Porche came rolling in the parking lot of the court house.

I cringed as it stopped and a tall brunette stepped out in stiletto heels, prancing over to my future ex-husband and shoving her tongue down his throat while he did the same to her. Hm i wonder what happened to the last one, that jerk. How was i ever in love with him? He makes me sick.  

“Mom,” I hissed, in a hushed tone. “How the hell do you expect me to tell him,” I spat, throwing an anger glare in Ryann’s directions. Trying my darnedest not to brake down a fit of tears. “About the…,” I trailed off raising a brow, not wanting to say the word in knowing I would indeed start tearing up.

“Wait,” she insisted. “Just wait. Don’t you dare tell him Alexa. Not until you either have to or you see she isn’t around anymore. Now come on,” she directed to her SUV. “We gotta get you to a hospital or something’.”

“W-what? No, mom really I'm totally  fine,” I rolled my eyes at her.

Mothers and their worrying. God!