Twenty

THIS IS AN IMPORTANT MESSAGE. DO NOT SKIP OVER IT!!!!

First of all, holy Sugar Honey Ice Tea, chapter twenty already??? Whaaaa?
Thanks so much for getting me through twenty chapters, and making me smile in every single one :).

Okay, now for the IMPORTANT MESSAGE***************

I posted two messages on my profile, both of which are of equal importance to you guys and to me, so please check them out to learn a couple of surprises I have! ;)

Okay, thanks for reading,
Enjoy!
---------------------

I walked, shakily into my cabin. I wrapped my neck in a damp cloth, and changed into a long coat with a collar. Don't ask me where Hook got these clothes.

I sat on the side of my cot, my head resting in my hands with my elbows balancing on my knees.

What the hell have you gotten yourself into, Emma?

I heard a gentle knock on the door, and looked up to see Killian, looking handsome as always.

Seeing his face reminded me of last night, when he planted his lips on my head, but the stinging pain in my neck reminded me of what Pan said.

A smile appeared on my face, but disappeared just as quickly.

"Thought you might be up by now." Killian greeted, smiling. "We've almost reached land." He stretched out his hand. "C'mon, you should be there to see the view of Neverland from here, before it gets too nasty to even want to witness." He chuckled, revealing his white teeth.

This woke the butterflies sitting in my stomach, and they fluttered wildly. But I forced them back to sleep.

"Sure thing." I said abruptly before walking past him, refusing his hand and not making eye contact at all.

His soft voice stopped me.
"You alright, Swan?" He asked worriedly.

I turned to face him, smiling.
"Perfect." I said, though my smile faltered when I saw the worried expression that remained on his face and the butterflies woke from their short nap.

He nodded, clenching his jaw, before both if us silently walked out on to the deck.

I greeted everyone with the same smile I do every morning, even though this heavy burden I was carrying was weighing me down.

I strolled over to the top of the ship and admired the view ahead of me. Killian was right. Neverland looked quite beautiful from over here, but I knew it wouldn't take long before fear took over me.

Killian appeared beside me and I turned my head away, pretending to be interested in the ripples of the ocean against the ship.

"Didn't I tell you?" He said, and I could hear the evil smirk in his tone. "Beautiful." He whispered that last word, but from what I could tell by the direction of his voice, he wasn't looking at the island as he said that word.

He was looking at me.

I simply sighed, and began walking back to my cabin.

"Swan." He grabbed my hand. "Look at me." He said softly, and I obeyed. His expression was soft and trusting, I wanted to spill everything out to him right then and there.

"Swan, are you avoiding me?" He asked quietly, and I felt my eyes flicker down to his lips, before I forced them to look back up.

He had let go of my arm at this point. I was scared that if I opened my mouth to talk, the truth would spill out. I simply looked down at the wooden floorboards, and turned around, beginning to walk towards the door below the quarterdeck.