Chapter Twenty Three

-Niall's POV-

Once Christine and I had both William away to bed, we took more time to coo our loves for him and give him more affection than we normally would when putting him into his cot. My fingers now tapped against the kitchen bench as Christine said she was going for a bath.

She's been in there for nearly twenty minutes now and it's not that I was worried; I just didn't want to be unsure that she hasn't done something stupid in there. Not that she would be the type to hurt herself but I'm still a little on edge.

So I pushed off from the kitchen and made my way over to the bathroom. My hand knocked a few times and I was relieved to hear Christine mumble a "Come in." Stepping into the bathroom, I shut the door behind me and saw Christine sitting in the bubbly water with her knees pulled to her chest.

"You've been in here awhile." She looked up and bit her bottom lip while slowly nodding.

"Sorry." Sighing, I dimmed the lights down and turned the heated fan on before finding myself to strip off my clothes. "What are you doing?"

"Joining you." I answered stepping out of my boxers and coming to the side of the bath. My hand came on her shoulder and she slowly moved forward as I stepped in behind her. The water wasn't deathly cold, but it probably wasn't as hot as it was twenty minutes ago. My arms wrapped around her sides and legs as I pulled her back into me.

She turned on her side and nuzzled her small figure into mine as I ran my hand up and down her arm.

"So what time are you leaving tomorrow?" Christine asked as I felt my eyes softened at her weak voice. I knew she didn't want me to go and I knew she wasn't comfortable with it. But I think she didn't want to stir anything up like last time. I'm just praying she trusts me to be around her.

"Around nine." I mumbled as she nodded letting her face stare at her wall as her head rested on my shoulder. "Christine, nothing will happen."

"I know." She whispered as I frowned sitting up and pulling her with me. Watching her pull her arms over her chest, she turned to me as her gaze set down on the dissolving bubbles. My arms reached out and pulled her up and into my lap which she didn't utter a word about.

"Then why do I get the feeling that you're still not happy about this?" Well I knew she wasn't happy about this, and I wasn't completely overjoyed either. But William deserves to know who his mother is. I know it sucks for both of us, but I need to make amends sometimes.

Christine lifts her head up and looks over my face as I watch her study my reactions. Her wet hands lifted and cupped my cheeks before she softly moulded our lips together. My hands rubbed up and down her back as she bit my bottom lip before slowly pulling away.

"Niall," She mutters as her eyes begin to brim with tears as I tighten my hold around her, "I've fallen... desperately in love with you." My eyes widened as she looked down, pulling her arms back around her chest. "And I just don't want to lose you. I mean, if we do split up-"

"Don't say that." I muttered leaning forward and putting our foreheads together. "We won't. I promise we won't."

"You can't promise that." She whispered as I closed my eyes and let my shoulders slump.

"I can try can't I?" She's in love with me. Christine just admitted that she's in love with me. The feeling is more than mutual; though I just want the right moment to say it. I know it's fucking stupid but I want to return the gesture at the perfect time that'll prove that I'm completely in love with her. I don't want her thinking that I don't love her because I'm not saying it back. So I just pray that she knows that actions speak louder than words.

A soft laugh emitted her lips as my eyes opened back up to watch her gorgeous smile take place back onto her face. The water grew colder and the bubbles grew thinner the longer we both sat in the bathtub.

"Niall?"

"Yes princess?" I asked as we locked gazes though hers was softer than my intent one.

"Promise to make love to me soon." Her words didn't put me off. In fact, I had been waiting for them for a while.

"I promise. I promise I'll give you everything I have when I give myself to you. Baby it'll be perfect." And it would. I was going to stick to my word and give the entire world to Christine.