Chapter 8

I pretended to enjoy my meal, though I just can't. My mind was stuck to the very scene of the sword after I dropped it to the floor. I wanted to run. I wanted to hide. I wanted to shout by anger. I looked around, scanning their faces as to notice my unusual actions. No one did. Have Brass'l been here and I'm sure he would. 

Brass'l left for Malagasy Republic this morning. Which explains the insignificance of this meal. I looked at Louise's face, she's silent. Her disappointment hasn't subsided yet, I suppose. Jazz as usual, as ladylike as she is, eats her meal with grace so as mom. Van isn't around, I'm not sure where he is. I don't know if it was just me but dad's face was brighter. They had discussed about political issues that wasn't actually my interest so I chose to be silent throughout the meal.

Minutes and I bowed them goodbye. I dashed desperately through hallway to my room. Once I got inside, I slammed the door at my back. I took my satchel and hopped to my bed. I didn't expect tears to be verging through my lids but I just can't help. 

Nothing's even worse than seeing the very sword that your sister, the one that sees possibility in you, gets rusty after the precious stone of the end of its handle was unattached after the force of the fall. I don't know, but maybe the stone gives the sword energy to be the very sword that Seth gave me. 

I touched its rusted blades, it felt like a wood decomposing as I rubbed the orange part. I loved this blade, I always did. Then, I looked at the stone. It was a strong and dark red, like the color of a blood. It was ever shiny and it felt like it wasn't touched at all. I tried to attach it to the sword once again, but it didn't work. 

Through hardships and effort, I managed to dump the sword to the satchel and kept it to my closet. But I kept the stone. It might become handy one day. One day.

-

The days after were days of activities in the palace. Staffs were roaming around halls and hallways for the preparation of the Antarctica monarchy's visit next week. Mom was good at hosting and stuffs like these. She's good at studying about a certain country's backgrounds, cultures and apply it after through her hosting. But I was surprised to Van who helped her along the way. It must have been him who invited them to visit. 

It would be a few hours and I would be sent away for the Academy. I didn't realize I was shaking at all. I was standing quiet through my shower for quite a moment, leaning my hands to the wall staring at my feet. This time, I'll be facing many kinds of people. And I'm pretty much sure that most of them aren't badasses like the men at The Grounds. 

What if my skills weren't good enough to reach their standards? What if they'll kick me out?

I sighed brushing my paranoia off from my shoulders. I can do it. Even dad saw that in me. Even Seth. 

I chose to wear a dark green, turtle-neck, long-sleeved sweater and a pair of white skinny jeans and a pair of brown boatshoes. I assume I wouldn't look like a royal anymore, would I? Perhaps I would just look like some commoner who were wealthy enough to buy clean clothes. That's it. That would be it. 

I got 3 large bags clinging into each part of my body, not including my laptop case inside my rolling duffel. I got a large black backpack hanging into my right shoulder, a large brown duffel bag into my right hand and a rolling luggage at my left hand. I'm sure I would get knackered just before I could have my first step at the Academy.

Gladly, some butlers happen to pass by my hallway and I could get some help. They were enthusiastic about helping me, even if I wasn't their prince any longer. I walked towards the Living Hall, there weren't so much of a maid cleaning or designers measuring walls at the space. I can't believe it was still silent even if 'twas already 7 in the morning.