Fifty One

Joe sighed as he entered the house seeing that his mother was in the living room waiting for him, he had called her on his way back wanting to speak to her. He sat down taking Amelia out of her car seat Denise being the one who took her away from her son to hold her Granddaughter for a little bit. She could remember when Joe was as small as Amelia was.

"Mom I really screwed up with Demi." Joe mumbled leaning back on the couch running his fingers through his hair.

"We've all told you before Joe that you needed to tell her, why did you keep pushing it back?" Denise inquired but she didn't move her eyes away from her Granddaughter who was now settled and asleep in her Grandmother's arms. She was more than happy that she was finally a Grandmother, she knew Joe would be a great dad even with all the mistakes he had been making.

"I planned to tell her after Amelia was born but she said something a while back that just put me off." Joe defending but he knew he was in the wrong, he should have told her as soon as they started falling for each other. It was pretty quickly for him.

"What did she say?" Denise questioned.

"She asked if I knew who Joe Jonas was then she said that he was basically a jerk and the least attractive out of the band. What if she doesn't love me mom when she can see me, not because I lied to her but because I'm not what she expected? I don't know what I'd do if she didn't love me back because I love her so much." Denise sighed getting up laying Amelia down in the bassinette they had down here before sitting back down with her son comforting her.

"Joe despite you lying to her the whole time you are a wonderful person with a charming personality. She fell for your personality not your looks didn't she?" Joe nodded his head gently. "Then you have nothing to worry about as long as you remain the person you are now."

"I-I'm gonna lose her." He stammered.

"That's something you should have thought about when you started this whole lie up." Denise kissed his head gently before making her way into the kitchen. Joe sighed again running his fingers through his hair. He was dreading tomorrow. He knew Demi would flip out at him and he didn't blame her, he had screwed up big time.

"You could always go over and tell her now?" Denise suggested. "She might be a little less upset if you did tell her before the operation and not afterwards." Joe sighed as he held the bottle in Amelia's mouth Amelia taking all the milk she could, it was clear that she was hungry but they had noticed her being a greedy girl.

"I'd rather settle down with Amelia but I might do it tomorrow before the operation, she'll hate me either way so why not wait?"

"Because it will show your trying to fix your mistakes." Denise answered watching her Granddaughter feed from the bottle, every mouthful meaning the quicker she'll grow. They were excited about the future with little Amelia.

"I'd be one lucky guy if she forgives me after this." Joe mumbled closing his eyes. He was still tired from getting up early when Demi had started to experience contractions around one in the morning. He hoped Demi was getting rest while she could knowing that he would be looking after Amelia until she had her sigh back.

"Just stay positive Joe, if you and Demi were meant to be then it will happen whether she just needs some time to herself to think things over or not just give her what she wants. If that is space give her it but if she doesn't then just be grateful," Joe nodded his head gently his eyes open again back on Amelia. "I'm going to head off now, good luck tonight and I'll see you tomorrow." Joe said his goodbyes to his mother just as Amelia finished Joe taking the bottle from her mouth.

"What do you think princess, do you think mommy will forgive daddy for his stupid actions?"

--------------------------------------------------

Comments please!