Author's Note

Hey, it's yours truly, Jay Walker!

I KNOW I KNOW I KNOW I HAVE TOO MANY BOOKS GOING ON I SHOULD SLOW DOWN YADDAH YADDAH YADDAH

But I just have too many ideas!! And I'm just stuck with all of my other books. . . . I'm still writing as best I can, but I just don't have any ideas for the beginning of the book. Oh, you have no idea how many ideas I have to end Northeast, Rin's Time as an Exorcist, The Days Within, Words Written in Lightning-- DON'T GET ME STARTED ON HOW MANY IDEAS I HAVE FOR THAT BOOK'S END.

I'm re-reading The Underland Chronicles because I've reread the Heroes of Olympus, Alex Rider, The Gatekeepers/Power of Five, and The Diamond Brothers SOOOOOO may times, while due to heartache I didn't reread The Underland Chronicles more than twice. I finally decided: I'm going to seal the hole in my heart made by The Underland Chronicles.

And I really don't want to ruin Mistborn, Elantris, Warbreaker, and Alcatraz Versus the Evil Librarians. (All Brandon Sanderson books, and I think Warbreaker is here on Wattpad.)

IT'S FANTASTIC BECAUSE I ACTUALLY HAVE AN IDEA FOR THE BOOK'S BEGINNING AND END!

But don't worry; I promise you on my honor as a Otaku and a bookworm that I will continue and am continuing my other books. *Does Attack on Titan salute, then Red Dwarf salute*

Also, please, do not flip out at me for giving Gregor's father a name and giving them a last name. . . I mean, come on! The Underland Chronicles is the only series I have read where a vital character does not have a name, or when the main protagonist does not have a last name.

One more thing: The way this book is written is going to be different from my other books, because I'm keeping true to the original format of The Underland Chronicles.

So, a few notes on how to read this:

*Chapters will not be named.

*If I end up writing more than one book, they're all going to be 'Gregor and the _____ of ______'

*It's all in third person. (Though I vastly prefer to write in first.)

*Thoughts will not be in italics. They will be in quotation marks, and I'll just be putting "he thought" at the end, or make it dead obvious he's not speaking. I'll give an example:

I won't be doing:

Agh. . My head. . . Where-- Where am I? Gregor wondered.

I'll be doing:

"Agh. . My head. . . Where-- Where am I?" Gregor wondered.

*I will not be changing points of view at all, with the single exception of the beginning of this book to kickstart everything.

*A thing of my own I'm adding for your comfort: If a random word has a * before it for some reason, such as if I said *recherche, that means footnote. At the end of the chapter, I will be putting an explanation of the word.

Anyhow, let Gregor and the Bloodbath of Regalia begin!

(Don't forget to comment, telling me what you think! I really do value the opinion of others.)