This wasn't the plan chapter 5

That's Trey, Kayne's Beta ⬆️

•Athena's POV•

"GET HER YOU IDIOT, DON'T JUST STAND THERE." I hear Kayne shout. "Yes alpha" the dude I ran into replied. Before hearing thundering footsteps behind me. Oh shit. Quickly running down the stairs trying not to trip. I make it to the front door. Just as i go to open it Somebody slams it closed. Looking behind me, I see this guy with short spiky blonde hair, green eyes, at least 6'1 with a strong build. Before I can even utter a word Kayne walks down the stairs. "Trey, I knew I could always count on you" he said. Looking at this trey guy. Oh no. "Mate, come with me." says Kayne looking at me now. "She's your mate?" Trey says looking at me in disbelief. "Unfortunately"I scoff quietly. Kayne looks at me and i can see he's eyes turning black and he's jaw tensing. Whoops. "Hey, my alpha is a great guy. Your lucky to have him as a mate." Says trey sounding defensive. "Great guy? Great guys don't hurt their mates!" I yell at trey. Getting fed up with being in he's presence already. "You hurt her? How could you Kayne!" Trey says now looking at Kayne with disbelief. "If your mate tries running away you'll do whatever it takes to keep them from succeeding" Kayne growls looking back and forth between me and trey. "You tried running away? Why?" Trey looks at me with hurt on his face. "You wouldn't understand, So drop it!"I reply stubbornly. Turning away from them with my hands crossed over my chest. "No, continue. I wanna know too." Kayne says. "You really wanna know?" I reply "YES" shouts trey. "In my old town hollow hills where I lived I had a stalker, he claimed I was his and kept popping up wherever I was, he knew where I lived and where I worked. A couple times he came up to me and tried to kidnap me. He almost did but luckily a friend of mine stopped him. so I packed up and hit the road. And here I am kidnaped by someone who claims I'm his. Fate sure is a Bitch." I say feeling defeated. Kayne looks like he wants to smash something. Kayne storms out and I try to follow to see what he's doing but trey stops me. "You wait here, I'll mind link Monica my mate to keep you company." He says before following my mate. Did I really just think that? This mate bond is stronger then I thought. I hear bangs and crashes. Rushing to the sounds I see Kayne punching the wall and braking things. trey's trying to calm him down, stupid really because the only person who can calm him is me and I'm not going anywhere near him. I see pack warriors run in and try to help trey. They struggle trying to hold him down, but he's too strong for them. Kayne pushes them all off and turns to walk out when he comes face to face with me. Every one freezes as we stare into each other's eyes his black, mines hazel. He walks to me slowly and puts his hands around my hips and brings me into him. He puts he's face in between my shoulder and neck sniffing it. Calming down he turns to them. Kayne must of mind linked them because soon they trail out one by one. He turns back to me and puts his face back just holding me. This is nice.