Chapter 9 belonging

*Athena's P.O.V*

"NO" shouted Kayne. Everyone stopped and stared. "You want to challenge your future Luna?" Growled Kayne.

"Let her, give her a chance" I growled back. Getting in a fighting position. "I will not, by pack law she and any other she wolf who wishes to challenge you must wait until you've finished the Luna ceremony" he stated. Nods of agreement from the surrounding pack mates confirmed he wasn't just doing it to get me out of a fight.

Persephone stared with dissatisfaction as her brother narrowed he's eyes in disappointment. "This is not the end" she mouthed to me. How childish.

Spinning around I stomped towards the house in anger, wishing I could put little miss snug on her flat behind. Hearing footsteps I hurried my pace not wanting to deal with Kayne at the moment. "Athena" he all but shouted and growled. What's with werewolves and growling so much? "What?" Now i snapped.

"What do you mean (lol JB) what?" He asked softly holding onto my arm. "Never mind" I muttered under my breath and kept walking. Up the stairs I went to our-he's room! What is wrong with me? "You're accepting our mate bond" said my wolf. "No! I will not, cannot ever" I harshly replied to her. "It is too late, for you are already feeling for him" she retorted smugly.

Shaking my head to try forget the conversation I just had with my wolf I did a U turn to he's office where I recall seeing books. Picking up a random book I flop onto he's comfy looking couch, flipping to a random page I start reading from there.

Hearing him sigh before I see him, i notice he looks tired as he sluggishly sits on the chair, glancing up I ignore him and return my eyes to the page getting another sign from him.

"Why are you fighting our mate bond so much? Do you have any idea how long I've waited for you" he asked softly. Making me stop reading and look at him. Heavy sigh. "Not really, because I've never wanted a mate. Not then and most definitely not now." I replied sitting up.

He doesn't say anything for a minute or two, just sits in he's comfy chair deep in thoughts. "I know you feel it, I can feel you slowly accepting it. so why are you being stubborn?" He finally says.

Shocked, I fly up off the couch and walk towards him but before I could even get a word out my words are stuck in my mouth as he puts he's on mines and gives me a bruising kiss. Pushing him away I slap him before walking out of the office, leaving him standing there stunned. Serves him! Who does he thinks he is? freaking alphas and their possessive ways. I don't belong here.

A/N
Short but it's something. Hope you enjoy, positive feedback is appreciated.