Chapter 3: Halloween Partying

October 31st, 9:40 p.m.

We pulled into the movie theater parking lot just as the clock on the dash turned over to 9:40. I cut the ignition and Rubi and I hopped out of the car.

Allison, her parents, and Hannah were waiting inside at the ticket counter for us. Allison let out a sigh of relief when she saw us. "I didn't think you would make it. The movie starts in less than five minutes." she gave a tight lipped smile that did nothing to hide the worry in her eyes.

I gave her a hug, "It's okay. We made it."

"I'm going to get some popcorn." Rubi announced to no one in particular and wandered over to the concession stand.

Allison's mom wrapped her in a hug. "We have to go before your brothers destroy the house." Allison had wild seven year old brothers who her parents never left with a babysitter for long. I offered to watch them once. Never again. I still had the emotional scars from that night. I shivered at the thought.

"We'll pick you up at 11:30," her dad said while leaning down to place a kiss on her head. They exchanged 'I love you's' while Rubi came back munching on a jumbo sized popcorn.

"Bye Mr. and Mrs. Viola," Rubi said around a mouthful of the buttery snack.

Allison's mom made a face, but waved to Rubi anyway. She leaned toward me while still crunching on the popcorn, "Her parents like me more than you."

Yeah, sure. Whatever helps you sleep at night.

We watched the doors for a few minutes to make sure her parents were gone. I checked my phone. 9:50.

"Let's go," I called the coast clear.

We exited the movie theater and split up between Hannah's and my cars. Allison and Rubi went with me and Hannah got into her car where Georgia was waiting. Allison's parents thought she was a bad influence so she tried to avoid contact with them as much as possible.

We were on our way to Jake's Halloween party.

***

October 31st, 10:47 p.m.

Music pounded from inside and smoke drifted through the open doorway, casting the house and surrounding lawn in an eerie fog. People danced around the skeletons and fake tombstones that littered the lawn.

We had made it, Jake's Halloween party. I parked the car down the road from the house and Rubi, Allison, and I headed toward the large party.

A superhero, and what appeared to be a... banana, came rushing towards us through the smoke. It was Georgia and Hannah, aka @redfish_bluefish. Georgia was dressed as a superhero and Hannah as a banana. Weird combination I know... but, they're my friends and I love them.

"Hey-" Georgia greeted out of breath, "... We didn't think you would make it." Hannah the banana smiled and gave a small wave in greeting. She didn't talk much.

Rubi cut in, "Why wouldn't we come! We wouldn't miss this for the world!" I rolled my eyes, always the drama queen. "Now.... where's the beer?"

Allison gasped, "There isn't any beer!"

It was Rubi's turn to roll her eyes. "Yeah, whatever," she said dismissively, "I'll just go find it myself." With that, she turned and walked off into the crowd of smoke and people, disappearing into the night.

Georgia turned to me as soon as she was out of sight, "Why'd ya bring the witch?"

I shrugged as we started making our own way through the throngs of people, "She found out about tonight and threatened to tell our parents if I didn't let her come."

"Ouch," Georgia said as she visually winced. I just shrugged again.

Suddenly, Georgia squealed and, grabbing my hand, starting pulling me in a random direction. On instinct, I reached for Allison's hand, who in turn latched onto Hannah. Georgia was now pulling us all toward some unknown destination.

We came to a halt in front of someone dressed as the Scream. He or she was dressed head to toe in black with the famous screaming mask covering their face. The person slid the mask of and revealed dirty blonde hair and dark blue eyes. Jake.

"Hey Jake," Georgia greeted with a flirty smile.

He nodded his head in acknowledgement and locked his blue eyes on my grey ones. "Georgia, Karina," he greeted and pulled me in for a hug.

"Hi Jake," I mumbled back shyly, "Cool party."

"Yeah!" Georgia cut in, "This place is huge! How did you get so many people to come?" I back up slightly, letting Georgia get closer to Jake. She had had a crush on him for a while and we all knew it.

Jake's eyes brightened and he launched into some story about putting the party together. I leaned over to Hannah and whispered, "Let's get out of here." She nodded in agreement and her, Allison, and I slowly inched away.

When we were safely away, I gave Allison a high five. "Props to us for getting away from those two," Allison said with a large smile.

We found a spot among the crowd and started to dance to the music pounding away inside the house.

***

October 31st, 11:31 p.m.

Hannah, Allison, and I were all still dancing away to the music. There had been no sign of Rubi, Georgia, or Jake since we got here. Hannah tapped on my shoulder, gaining my attention. "What?!" I struggled to be heard over the music. She pointed over to the edge of the party where Georgia was heading into the forest. Alone.
I gave Hannah a worried look and we rushed over to find Georgia.

Upon entering the forest, the music and bustle of the party seemed to die down. It was dark... and scary, everything a forest needed to be.

"Georgia?!?" Allison called out.

A giggle sounded out of the darkness. Suddenly, Georgia appeared right next to us. Hannah screamed.

"Got you," Georgia giggled.

"Not...funny-" I gasped for breath. She had scared all three of us. Hannah rapidly nodded her head in agreement.

Georgia snootily stated, "It was just a joke. You three need to lighten up." Then she started to sashay, actually sashayed, back to the party. She was not being herself.

Allison noticed it too, as she grabbed ahold of Georgia's arm and asked, "What is wrong with you? First you run off into the woods and now this?" Georgia ripped her arm out of Allison's hold and turned back to us. We gasped.

For, Georgia's face didn't seem to be her own. Her skin looked as if it were melting, dripping down like candle wax below an open flame. She mumbled the words, "She'll be gone," before taking off into the forest.

**************

A/N

Just give her the phone Soushi

Just give her the phone Soushi.... lol, I chose this gif because I thought it was cute and because I absolutely love this anime. It's my favorite ^-^

I hope you enjoyed chapter three and have a good day/night.

SONG: Full Moon by The Black Ghosts

P.s. It's Georgia's character song.

Bye :)

~Alexis :3