Chapter 11

When I woke up from the nightmare my body was drenched in sweat and something told me not to go to classes. My heart was telling my body to lay in bed and fake sick. My mind knew better and told me to get out of bed, mostly for my dignity and the fact I really needed to pass this year. I was almost done with school, one more year and I would be a grown witch. Technically.

I knew I needed to talk to Fred, but at this point in time he hated me, and most likely wanted nothing to do with me. It wasn't my fault I was picked, I didn't put my name in the cup. I didn't want to be picked for something so dangerous. Why couldn't he understand that.

Still the fact remains that there are things that we needed to talk about and things I needed help with. I knew I might be able to convince him to talk to me, but George definitely would, I mean, that's his twin for christs sake. I finally managed to drag myself out of bed, much earlier than all of the other girls in my dorm and I grabbed my uniform and a towel walking to the showers.

When I got out I changed into the skirt and sweater I was to wear as a uniform. I found my rope hanging on the post at the end of my bed and slid my arms in it, putting my wand in it's normal place, in the pocket. Calmly, I walked to my bed and lifted the mattress to reveal the journal that Fred had given me for my birthday. I snatched it up and slid it in with the other books I would need for the day.

Potions with snape. Great. Another nightmare I really wanted to wake up from. It wasn't that I didn't like Professor Snape, it was just that any time a Slytherin would do something wrong, there would be minimal punishment, and Gryffindors would get fifty points taken away, at least. Not to mention, the Dungeons weren't my favorite place to be in the world either. It was cold, dark, and damp down there, and when I was younger, Fred and George would hide behind corners just to jump out and scare me on the way to class. Not that I wouldn't actually love that right now. I guess I just took it for granted then.

To say the least, potions wasn't something I wanted to walk to by myself. Especially with the looks I was getting from being thrown into this whole tri wizard tournament. When I got into Snapes classroom, Fred and George were already sitting with each other. Fred looked right past me as if I was a ghost. I wished I was. I could hide and never have to worry about anything again.

Grow up Finley, you are 16 years old, not 6. My body felt heavy as I walked to a seat in the back to sit alone. When I got to my seat and actually sat down I felt almost relieved since my legs didn't have to hold me up anymore. My potions book opened and my name was etched on the inside in the corner. Another Birthday gift from my mother. She knew I loved potions. So much that one day, if lucky, I would take Professor Snapes job. Who am I kidding? That old troll will never die.

"Class, today we will be reviewing and seeing how well you remember your material from year 5." He was droning already and I felt tired like I wanted to lay my head on the table.

Potions was one of my passions. I could make it fun. It was fun to me. I was happy when I was doing anything in potions. I was also usually with one of the twins. Most of the time I used my skills to help them with products.

"Reviewing antidotes should be easy for most of us, except our less advanced students," he said looking over to the twins table. People snorted and laughed, but Snape continued to look unamused, as usual.

By the end of class my antidote was done and I sat peacefully looking at all of the students that were still struggling - BOOM!!!

"Bloody hell!" I heard Fred scream from the front of the classroom and there was smoke. He and George both turned and there was black covering their faces. It was obvious they both were shocked at what had happened.

Professor snape walked over to them both and spoke, " I see you both have decided to leave Miss Farley alone and chose each other as partners." He looked into their cauldron and confirmed what he was about to say, "It shows in your work."

He turned on his heel and walked in my direction and nodded, "Hmm. Lets see Mr. Weasley." He said and continued to walk in my direction, "Join me." He looked into my cauldron and nodded pulling out his wand, "Accio Befuddlement" A little flask zoomed from a cabinet directly into his hand. He handed Fred the flask and without a second thought he took a drink.

Soon Fred was stumbling around grabbing onto tables and speaking words no one could understand. At this point in our schooling at Hogwarts we knew not to laugh at this. Fred hit the ground and laid back looking up at the ceiling. "Farley, give him your antidote."

I rushed to his side with the little vile of antidote I had made and knelt at his side. He was no longer moving and was trying not to talk, "Fred Drink this.." I said and lifted it to his mouth. He drank from it and soon it seemed like his eyes were no longer shrunk to pin holes.

"Fin, christ." He said sitting up and laughed a little. Everyone else joining in and laughing.

"That is enough! Class Dismissed. Farley. Stay. "

I froze and waited on him looking down afraid to make eye contact. Why was he so intimidating?

"It seems you are far more advanced than others in this class. 15 points to Gryffindor for your talent. " he watched me closely.

I nodded, "Thank you professor."

"You may leave." I grabbed my books and ran off wanting to get out of the dungeons as soon as possible. When I got to a bench by the paved courtyard I sat down and opened my journal writing in it.

"Fred.. Can we talk?"

The reply was almost immediate, "Where and When?"

"As soon as possible."

"Lake at free period?"

"Sure.. I'll see you then."

"You too."

I stood up feeling better now that he would at least speak to me. It made me nauseous that he wouldn't even talk to me. Now maybe we could work things out.

I was making my way up to the owlry and as I crossed the bridge Harry appeared almost out of nowhere and grabbed my arm, "Ah- harry!"

"Fin, we need to talk, now!" he said and pulled me aside, "Dragons."

"Dragons?" I asked tilted my head to the side.
"Dragons. Thats the first task." He looked me in the eyes.

When it finally clicked my eyes widened and I wrapped my arms around him hugging him tight, "Harry. Thank you!"

"Don't worry! I just wanted you to know." He said and looked around, "Okay! I have to go to the library. I'll see you later!"

"You too harry!"

When free period arrived at the end of the day, my body became heavier as I made my way to the black lake. Fred might actually talk to me. I was nervous.