Flashbacks

(Emily's PoV)

~

After sitting and crying in the school parking lot for another 10 minutes, I finally calm down enough to start my car. As I turn the key, the rush of warm air coming from the air-conditioning heats up my body, making me feel more relaxed. I sigh, pressing the gas with my foot and reversing out of my parking space. I drive past Alison's car, convincing myself not to take more than a glance at it incase she's in there. On the drive home I sit in silence, thinking about what just happened. I can't help but look back at how cold she acted, she's never been like that with me. I always watched her turn bitchy towards other people, whether she was bullying someone or turning down a guy, but she was never like that with me. I thought she might have loved me back, I hoped she would have felt the same way. But I should listen to Spencer more, hope breeds eternal misery.

I open the car door, slamming it behind me and pressing the automatic lock button. I unlock my front door and walk in, flipping my shoes off and walking into the kitchen. I slump myself down onto the chair and take sigh. A few tears roll down my face, the pain of not only losing my true love, but my best friend, finally hitting me. I don't bother to wipe them away as I sulk in my seat, staring blankly at the wall. After a few minutes I walk upstairs to my room, jumping onto the bed as soon as I shut the door. I cuddle up into the mattress and begin to drift to sleep, trying to forget the upsetting events of today.

~

"Emily?" "Em?!" I hear an annoying voice. "Yo Em get your fat ass up." Hanna. I think before rolling over. Sure enough there she is, my bitchy blonde BFF. "Ugh, what?" I ask, slightly annoyed, rubbing my eyes. "I called you like a million times and texted you like fifty but you didn't answer. What the fuck happened? I thought you fell off a cliff!" She exclaims, I roll my eyes. "Firstly, Hanna there aren't any cliffs in Rosewood. Secondly, didn't you ever think maybe the reason I didn't answer was because I don't want to speak to anyone?" I ask, sitting up in my bed. "Well why wouldn't you want to speak to anyone?" She asks, her voice now softer as she sits cross-legged opposite me. "It's a long story." I say, rubbing my temples. "I've got time... Wait, Em. Have you been crying?" She asks, pointing to my still slightly red eyes. I avoid eye contact and shrug, she grabs my hand and takes it in hers. I lift my head up to look at her and she gives me a sympathetic smile. "Okay, if it's something personal then you don't have to tell me. But, I think I know how to cheer you up!" She sings the last bit causing me to half smile. Her smile widens, "There's that pretty smile! Okay, now give me 20 minutes and I will be right back." She says before hopping off the bed, giving me a quick hug and racing down the steps. I get changed into my pajamas because I forgot to change out of my clothes when I got in, and climb back into bed, waiting for Hanna to come back.

~

"I have returned, Your Majesty!" I hear her shouting from the bottom of the stairs, she slams the door shut and runs up the steps. "Ow! Shit!" I hear from outside the door causing me to burst into fits of laughter. "I'm okay!" She smiles, walking through the door. I smile back at her as she puts down two grocery bags, a rucksack and a plastic bag. "Whatcha got there?" I ask, with a slight laugh. "You seem happier, and I've just got all the essentials for a spectacular Hannily sleepover!" She smiles, I furrow my eyebrows in confusion. "Hannily?" I ask, she nods. "Hanna and Emily. Duh! You need to pay more attention." She says in a serious tone and I roll my eyes. "You know you are crazy, Marin." I shake my head slightly, a genuine smile plastered on my face. "Just like you, Fields." She says.

"Okay, first things first, food!" Hanna exclaims and I can't help but roll my eyes again. Typical Hanna. "I have 2 tubs of Ben & Jerry's, 4 chocolate bars, and 2 extra fatty chocolate milkshakes." I smile at her, "I also got popcorn and jellybeans, because I know they're your favorite." I laugh, "Thanks Han. But you didn't need to waste all your money on me." I say, "Oh please!" She rolls her eyes. "This is my dad's money, obviously! But even if it wasn't, I would still spend it on you. You're always so kind to everyone when they're upset, so why shouldn't I be the same to you?" I pull her into a hug, "You know, for someone with a big mouth and no filter, you really know what to say to cheer me up." I laugh and she hits me on the shoulder. "I do not have a big mouth!" She says, I just roll my eyes.