Chapter 1

Isabella's POV:

I leaned against the rails, a content smile on my face as I stared out at the water, the waves calm and serene. So much has happened in the past year that I can't even begin to explain it.

We defeated Captain Digon last summer and ever since then it seems as if we haven't slowed down. We did lose some of the crew members because of that fight, which was really sad, but we pressed on and have been going steady ever since then.

Harry, being the brat that he is, didn't tell me what he said he would after that fight and still refuses to tell me to this day. I pry him every single day, trying to get him to tell me, but he refuses. There have been times whenever he almost slips up, but he quickly catches himself and glares at me.

Apparently it's a 'surprise'. And everyone on this ship knows I HATE surprises.

Other than that, the Belladonna has been sailing the seas, defeating ships and even raiding a few merchant ships for supplies whenever we got low. I didn't really approve of this, but Harry tried to convince me that it was how we lived. I argued against him about it and since I was stubborn enough, I won.

We've been stopping at sea ports very frequently thanks to me.

We've also become pretty well known in most of the countries. The ones that have to deal with us the most, however, were Britain, Spain, and France. They were what we called 'The Big Three' of the world and the ones we had to look out for.

It was funny to see how wary the countries were of us, seeing as we were just one ship, but they were scared of us. Since they became afraid of us, going to different ports were a little uneasy for everyone. It wasn't a very fun business, but it was what we had to do.

I come out of my thoughts whenever I feel someone wrap their arms around my waist, putting their chin on my shoulder. I smiled to myself, looking over to see Harry smiling softly, his eyes closed as he held me.

"You've been at sea for over four years, and yet I still catch you staring at the water like it's the most amazing thing you've ever seen." he muses and I laugh, nodding my head and looking back out at the water.

"It's incredibly calming to me. And it is the most amazing thing I've seen." I say and I feel him frown. "What about me?" he asks and I smirk, feeling humorous. "You're a close second, I guess." I say and he spins me around, making me look up at him. He's fighting a smile off of his face as he gives me a small glare.

"So you'd rather look at the sea than me?" he asks and I bite my lip to stop my laughter. "Well, if that's what you got out of it." I tease, going to turn around again whenever he grabs me by the waist and throws me over his shoulder, making me squeal in surprise.

"Harry put me down!" I yell and I hear some of the men laughing at us as Harry struts by, going to his quarters. "No. You're forbidden to stare at the water anymore. Your priorities need to change." he says teasingly and I roll my eyes at him.

He takes me into his-our-quarters and puts me down on his bed, making me huff and cross my arms. "This isn't going to help your case." I mutter and a small grin grows on his face as he crosses his arms as well, imitating me. "Oh really? It's not?" he asks and I shake my head.

"Nope. Taking me away from that is only going to make me want to do it more." I say confidently and he continues to grin. "Well, I could punish you for disobeying your Captain." he says and I give him a look. "You wouldn't punish me." I say and his arms fall to his side as he gives me an inviting smile.

"Wouldn't I?" he taunts me and I give him a smile back, not falling for his little game. "Not at all. You're harmless." I say and his lip twitches slightly, almost making me laugh. "I'll show you harmless." he growls before practically pouncing on me, making me grunt from his weight. "Get off!" I whine and he gives me a smug grin.