Chapter 29

All of the quotes that have been put in here will be at the end of the chapter! Please look at all of them and see what you can guess, because I REALLY want to know what you guys think!! Alright, here's the chapter!

Isabella's POV:

My head was pounding as consciousness came back to me. I slowly opened up my eyes, a groan leaving my mouth as pain sped through the back of my head, making me wince. 

Blinking a few times to adjust to the bright light, I finally recognized the wood of a ship that I was laying on. I sat up slowly, now aware that my hands were tied behind my back. 

I turned my head, one eye closed due to the pain in my skull, looking around the ship. I was in a corner near the hull of the ship and there were several people on board, but I recognized none of them. Remembering what happened I took in a deep breath, wondering which one of these men were the ones that took me in the first place.

"So she finally wakes." 

The voice made me jump and turn around, seeing a man with thinning hair and cold eyes grinning down at me. I tried to scoot back more but I couldn't, my back against the railing already. He laughed at my reaction and I gave him a glare, trying not to  be intimidated by him.

"The Captn's been anxious to see you miss." he says, bending down, making me realize that some of his teeth were missing, which was a little gross since he was so close to me. "Then take me to him." I snap and he laughs, his breath making me cough. It smelled like rust and rum.

"Oh, you're sure a fight'r. He's gunna be happy." he chuckles and I look away from him. This man was nothing like any of the members of our crew. 

The man jerked me up by my hands, which were tied behind my back, so it made me stumble forward. He grabbed one of my arms and tugged me behind him, and it took every once of self control in me not to scream since he grabbed my left arm. 

He led me to a door that was undoubtedly the Captain's Quarters. It was the same setup as on our ship except that the Belladonna was a lot nicer. For some reason, this didn't seem like the main ship since it was 1 - smaller than a regular pirate ship, and 2 - so unkempt. It didn't fit for a Captain, especially if it was the Captain I thought it was. 

For someone who would call us out, someone who has a fleet, why would he stay on one of the nastiest ships?

The man knocked on the door, announcing that he had me and I heard a deep voice telling him to let me in. My heart was pounding in my chest as the man opened the door and pushed me in, closing it behind me. I was a little relieved he didn't come in with me, but at the same time, I was terrified to be alone with the Captain.

I turned towards the desk that was in the room, seeing a man sitting behind it, his elbows resting on the desk as he stared at me, his chin resting on his hands. The difference between his appearance and the rest of his crew was startling. 

He was clean, his hair was well kept, and his clothes were refined, obviously showing off his wealth. He had light green eyes, different than Harry's, and his hair was a dirty blonde color. He had a little bit of a scruffy looking beard, more like stubble than anything else, but that was what made him look older. He had to be in his upper forties, at least.

He gave me a smirk, his hands falling away from his face as he pushed off the desk to stand up. My heart dropped in my stomach as I saw how tall he was, but I tried not to feel intimidated by his height. 

"So, the great Isabella Perkins finally awakens." he says and I stare at him confused. "How do you know my full name?" I ask, knowing that the name that I've been known at sea by was just Lady Bella. My full name has never been known by pirates, other than our crew.