windows down

windows down.

Usually before a practice, Liam will run a mile around his neighborhood. Sometimes he just wings it and runs for 10 minutes, or until he's working up a sweat. He likes running where places are sparse and quiet, so he'll run the trails that go around his neighborhood. When he's feeling lost and tense, he'll run at the schools track after dark to blow off steam. He finds himself daydreaming when he runs, he can feel the cold sweat drip down his arms and the perspiration on his forehead, but he loved it. He loves a good run that has him sore afterwards. Liam was tough, but wouldn't hurt a fly unless his friends were involved. Liam wasn't an angry person, he was sweeter than you could imagine with deep ember eyes that shimmer when he smiles. Liam was a man, he was what was considered masculine. He couldn't get over working out. He had biceps for days, and abs to prove he doesn't miss one gym day. He looked hard as a rock, and acted like it but was a sweetheart at heart.
Liam was currently running a few laps around the track, it was bright and sunny. The grass is a lighter shade from the beaming sun, the bottoms of Liam's shoes heating up. They were about to have a practice, school had just ended and Louis and Harry came to watch but disappeared. Liam's best guess was they ran off to the locker rooms to feel each other up. Liam just ran, his head down and earbuds in. Sweat was dripping down his heated face, his shirt sticking to his back. The muscles in his calves started burning, flexing further with each step. He felt at peace in the open field, no players were tackling each other or running at full speed with horse power holding their feet root to the ground to block. Nobody was bruising their shoulders or cussing under their breath. Games were amazing, and Liam always put everything into his performance on the field. But he liked time for himself, he liked calming down after a practice.
He looked up, eyebrows furrowed as a defense against the sun that was working poorly. His breathing was starting to get heavy, his eyes trying to focus through the haze of the heat on the person sitting in the stands. His skin was overheated, slick and hot to the touch.
He picked up his pace, looking back down again and jogging the rest of the way to finish his mile. He could feel the heat radiate off of his hair and on to his scalp. He got to the finish line, his chest mildly heaving while he walked over to get his water bottle. He looked to the person who was in the stands, it was his coach. Coach Baron. Liam took the earbuds out of his ears.
"Hey, coach." Liam smiled, his eyes squinting harshly to see the man. Baron smiled, his broad build made his adidas shirt appear tight against his skin. "Your posture looked good out there, kid." He complimented, panning his eyes across the field for a moment, propping one leg up on the stand in front of him and leaning on that leg. Liam nodded in appreciation, taking a rag and wiping down his face and neck.
"I actually had a question for you, it'll just take a minute." Coach said, his hat not doing much to shade his face. "Go for it", Liam encouraged and took a swig of his water, rolling his ankles in a motion and his shoulders. "We're running low on players this season, Liam. We're having to bring in the bench guys and water boys to start playing in our games. We're bringing them to the practices, it's mad. It's the middle of the semester and all the guys are becoming lethargic about their grades, all I can do is let them off the team or else I'll get suspended for not following the regulations. I'm about to let Jack go, too. He was a close runner up for the best player we've got. But, all we need is one player to make this a full team and make it a fair game for the upcoming homecoming game. I've seen your friend, Harry is it? I've seen the fellow around, he's got a great build Liam. He's tall and fit, he's got great leg and back muscles to block. I was wondering if you'd bring him in to the next practice so I can tell him the plan and get him working out and practicing with us. It'd be real great to have such a tall and muscular guy on this team to help us out. He already looks the part, so get him interested in the part." Coach explained, patting Liam's back and walking across the grass back to the building.

Harry was very obliging to the opportunity the next day when Liam explained it to him. Harry never really took part in sports or big school events, he was laid back and didn't care for the school scene. But if winning the homecoming game meant as much as it did to Liam, he'd be happy to help out the team. "When does practice start?" was Harry's first question. Liam was surprised to hear how willing Harry was to join,  "We have it on the same days as bench days, which is every other day. Sometimes we skip a day to get hydrated and do things at our own pace. First home game practice is tomorrow after school, come to the locker rooms and find me." Was Liam's answer, patting Harry on the shoulders. "You'll do great." He said as words of encouragement and walked off to get to his next class.
Liam had to admit that Harry had an amazing build; long structured legs that could do wonders for kicking, lean muscular arms that had spider web veins running down his forearms with core and back muscles swell enough to probably bench more than Liam. Which, for the record, is 356lbs.
Harry also was tall, very stocky and broad.