Chapter 1 - Monster In the Closet

I closed my eyes and I felt like my ears were bleeding. I was tightly hugging my knees, I didn't want them to hit somewhere. I could feel the strong wind blowing, but I continued to flow in air. I wasn't sure if it was air, it was just a sort of gas. 

Hours seemed to pass as I continued on my way, but I honestly didn't know how much time I had spent there. No one told me how long it was going to take, no one told me which year I was travelling to either. It didn't sound so safe in the beginning, but I was willing to take the risk, in order to find him... 

The wind got stronger and the ear piercing noise got louder, I couldn't breathe at all. I just hugged my knees tighter and waited for it to end. Finally, the noise faded away and I fell hard onto the ground. I didn't open my eyes at first, and I was sure a few of my bones were broken. I was scared to see that it hadn't worked, I was afraid of that possibility. I didn't care if I was badly injured or not, I just wanted it to work. 

I opened my eyes slowly and light went directly to my eyes. It was the sun. I looked above and saw the sky, there was not much difference with the sky I knew. I was lying on the grass, and I could hear noises from somewhere. I sat up, ignoring the aches on my body. My sight got clearer, and I could see the road which was about a mile away from where I fell. It was a highway, and there were cars passing by. 

I didn't even feel pain from excitement, and I quickly got up. I started walking towards the highway, slightly limping. I couldn't really see what was around me, I was only focused on the highway. When I finally came closer to it, I took a closer look at the cars, and my jaw dropped.
The cars weren't from the 21st century for sure, I was in the 70s or 80s. I jumped in joy and felt a squeal escape from my throat, completely ignoring my pain. My eyes teared from happiness. "It worked!" I shrieked, my voice got lost inside the wind. "It worked!" Now, the only thing I needed to do was to understand where I was and which year I was in. I started walking towards the highway, laughing like a maniac. 

The sun seemed to shine brighter now, and I didn't mind that the grass didn't look green enough. There were no trees around, only a few bushes. I finally arrived at the highway and held my thumb up, waiting for a car to stop next to me. I was still jumping up and down, giggling now and then. A lot of cars just passed by with speed, making me almost fall onto the road. I didn't know how I looked, I just hoped I looked okay, or at least normal enough. Finally, a vanilla colored car stopped next to me. It looked like a Ford Capri. Its window opened. There was a man inside with longish brown hair, in his 30s, smoking a cigarette and wearing sunglasses. "Where are you headin'?" he asked, taking the cigarette out of his mouth. I back away a little to prevent the smoke from tearing my eyes. 

I, however, didn't know where I was. And I didn't want to ask it to the driver, not to make him think that I'm a weirdo. I was pretty sure I looked very strange too, so it was better not to ask those kind of questions. But the problem was, I was guessing that I was in the States by the guy's accent, but I had no idea which state I was in. I just hoped I wasn't so far away from my destination, so that he will be willing to take me in. "I'm headin' to Indiana."

Indiana. That's where Axl was from. I was hoping to find him there, if I could. I still didn't know the exact date. "Okay, hop in." he said and motioned me to get inside. I sat inside and closed the door, trying not to squeal in excitement again and not to laugh. Just as I was about to ask the driver another question, something caught my eye. It was a date, written on the radio's small screen. "This is today's date, right?" I asked him, "Yeah..." he answered hesitantly. He probably wondered why I asked such thing. Then again, he didn't look very sober and awake. I was glad that he didn't, because I didn't want him to ask me questions. But on the other hand, I couldn't be sure that he actually knew it was today's date.