『first』

First Chapter: Plans for Today

[ H A I L E E ' S ]

He is definitely the most annoying human being ever! He just keeps on poking my sides telling me to stop reading, and pay attention to him. Ugh. If I could just drown him over and over again I would, but because he is special to me, I just can't.

Like really. That'd be so bad of me.

Well, as you can see I am currently reading beside my best friend, brother (even though it's not true, but we treat ourselves like siblings), and of course, my knight in leathery tool belt. A typical man who thinks that he's awesome, amazing, handsome, and a ladies man--as he calls himself. Which is true that he is. For he is Leo Valdez. My ever sweet best mate.

He is lying down beside me and also bugging me to stop my concentration, whilst I am also resting my head on the headboard of his bed, and of course at he's cabin. We hang out here because Percy is being a douche and won't allow us both at Cabin 3. Because based on his observation we are loud, and he also added 'And you guys will just ruin my beauty sleep' then he slammed the door in front of our faces.

That sassy jerk.

"Yow, Hailee." The boy beside me called. "Where do you think we should hang out tomorrow? 'Ya know, for our friendship day." Leo asked me whilst looking up, after he finished in poking me.

I chuckled. "Elsewhere? Of course, we go to the usual. Why? Wanna go somewhere else, Leo?" I said and lied down whilst placing my book at his bedside.

"Hmm. I don't really know. I want our friendship day to be memorable," he paused spreading his hands looking up. "Special, and I know Nico won't mind it, even though he's such a killjoy. And also because you'll be spending your next whole year at Hogwarts. Therefore, I have concluded we go to an amusement park. And of course di Angelo is a problem." He said scratching his chin.

"And what's your point?" I raised a brow at him crossing my arms.

"So, I was thinking, that maybe he might get bored a little. I mean, ol' Death Breath is always bored at stuffs that has rainbows and unicorns, but, he is pretty much cool." He said poking his cheeks. "Well, with his abilities."

Yeah. We do celebrate the day we all got together, actually it's the day we met Nico. He was pretty hard to persuade before, always pushing everyone away and being alone, but as time passed, he became open to us.

"But, we should really bring Nico. He is also our best friend." I reasoned. What a jerk! He was about not to bring Neeks with us, I thought.

Leo shook his head with a sly smirk. "I never said we'll not bring Nico with us, Hailee."

"Well sorry." I muttered. "Of course we'll bring him of course."

"Okay, then! It's all settled. We will bring Nico with us, because of the fact that he's our friend and you said so, we'll also be going to an amusement park, and now we'll just need to find where to eat." He grinned, then after a few seconds, he started poking my sides once again. And this is why Percy always hesitates in letting Leo having a sleepover, I thought while stiffling a laugh.

"We should, Fire Head!" I brightly beamed at him.

He scrunched his nose and eyed me weirdly. "Hey! I'm not a 'Fire Head'!" He said then started tickling me.

"Haha! Leo--Haha--S-stop!--Hahaha--Stop it! I'm s-so gonna--kill y-you!" I stuttered as I tried coming up with the words.

I'm also saying that it is hard to resist Leo's charms, that's why sometimes I have this fluttery feeling in my tummy like a swarm of wild butterflies inside it, but I am sure that I like my own best friend, just like what happens in cliché dramas and novels--well, I do like my best friends. He was with me since the day that he came here at camp. I kinda bumped into him because he was on my way, but he did say sorry! And that day was when I needed to visit my parents at London, because they live there with their own residence and also 'cause if the reason that Mum works at the Ministry whilst Dad (not my real dad) is an Auror.