V. TEARS AND CONFESSIONS

JO WAS ABOUT TO BREAK HER ENTIRE BODY IF IT HAD NOT BEEN FOR DAESUNG. He had broken her fall and possibly broken his back, but he felt like he had done something important by saving her.

She was on top of him with her ankle falling limp on top of his own. They were chest to back and neither of them were happy about it. "You saved me, Sunny-D." Her voice was a bit strained but it was still the same annoying one he had heard for two days.

He just sighed and exhaled through his nostrils, into her ear and lifted the both of them up. Daesung sat up and had his arms behind her back and knees. "I told you would break your legs." He simply stated, anger biting at his words, but Jo rolled her eyes.

"You're not my mom, so just shut up." She whined and squirmed like a worm in his arms. "Put me down, dude! I can do anything!" Josephine was screaming into his face and surprisingly climbing up him.

Daesung was getting irritated, with her movements and the fact that she could have died so easily but was now screaming at him. He huffed and just dropped her on the ground. Her back hit the ground but she did not have the reaction that he wanted. Instead, she just poured at him. "You little dickhead, I did not say to drop me."

He watched in awe as she slowly raised herself up, even as her ankle lay limp. "Your ankle's broken." He stated and she nodded, ignoring that fact.

Daesung sighed loudly and just rubbed his face with his big hands, in pure frustration. "How? What the heck is your problem? Why are so - UGH?!" He was pacing back and forth, and Jo just silently laughed, watching him display real emotion.

"What?" He spat, shaking his mop of hair in the process. "I knew you weren't as cold as you were." She crossed her arms with satisfaction, stumbling a little bit. Daesung rolled his eyes and crossed his arms, too.

"What do you mean? I'm just a cold person. I don't-I don't care for anyone, and I certainly don't care about you!" His nose was crinkling and Jo's eyes were shutting with a wide smirk. "Oh, yeah, you do." She retorted calmly and limped away from him.

"What?!" He shouted and jogged up to catch up after her, her cap still folded in his pocket. Jo turned to him and looked at the streetlights. "You care for people, if you're deaf."

Daesung scoffed and shoved his hands into his pockets, ignoring the pain from having his knuckles meet with the fabric. "No, I don't. You don't know who I am, Josephina." Jo sighed and exaggeratedly ruffled her curly hair.

"It's motherfucking Josephine!" She directly screamed into his face, her face diverting from its usual stupid look. He was a bit startled.

They limped in silence, slowly meet the corner, which led to the next street. They had no clue where they were going.

"Why did you have a handkerchief around your throat?" She asked, panting a little bit. Daesung grimaced and looked away from the road ahead. "I-I- I don't know." He lied, scratching the dried blood under his ear.

"Bullcrap." She exhaled and stumbled a bit, earning a side glance from Daesung. He huffed and made his hands into fists. "It's stupid..." His voice trailed off but Jo continued to listen carefully.

She scoffed softly, "Dude, I'm stupid. Tell me." Jo winced when she took a step.

Daesung let out a shaky breath before closing his eyes slightly. "I-I had a girlfriend onceー" Jo snorted loudly at his unfinished sentence, irritating him again.

"Will you shut up?" He growled and Jo nodded, a smile tickling at her lips.

"Anyway, uh, I-I was really in love with her but uh, some stuff happened. Like, uh, since I was bullied all during school, they continued to bully me and I tried to fight back way too many times, I guess. I don't know. It became my obsession, to be able to take them down,"