Chapter 2

Hope everyone is doing well…

I’ll try to upload Leo’s picture didn’t work on last chapter to happy reading, please vote or comment…..

Chapter 2

God I remember I was 13. Casey and I had kept in contact since the day her mom (or the woman we thought was her mom back then) up rooted her and moved her to Texas. Not that I have anything with Texas.

My mom’s family is actually from a place in Austin TX. But she went to school in Chicago and there she meet my dad. It was his Irish accent that drew my mom she says. I get my green eyes, fiery temper and a slight accent from him. Mom says I should have been a red head with my temper, but my blond hair comes from here. I’m tall but have curves in all the right places.

Well ever since Casey left she would always call and talk about the cute brothers she hangs around with. So since I was visiting my Family in Austin I decided to come see here. My aunt packed my bag so I did not see she only put dresses and skirts in it. She complains I don’t dress feminine.

I never thought that what I wore was going to make people think I was prissy. I remember we were in front of Casey’s house when three guys came by riding their bikes. Man they were so cute and even though Luis and his twin brother Leo resemble each other I thought Luis was cuter.

I remember we went horseback riding, and I pretended not to know how to ride just so I could ride in front of Luis. His arms wrapped around me felt nice. He kissed me on my last night.

The following year Casey was having to many fights with her mom so I didn’t visit. So it was 2 years from my last visit and I was 15 in those two years I would think about Luis and wondered if he ever thought about me.

I decided to pack pretty things; I mean what guy doesn’t like a girly girl right. Mom says I have to learn to be demure (yea fat chance). She said I would never get a guy to like me if I was hmm what did she call me oh yea to butchy.

That always makes me laugh. I don’t know maybe it was the fact that dad always wanted a son but got a daughter. We did everything together football, baseball I even went and helped at their bar when I was older.

When I visited Casey at 15 Luis was different. Casey said he was dating some girl. So ok he was a hotty I didn’t really think he would be single any way, but it still hurt a little. What hurt the most was that he called me prissy and Barbie doll.

Now I’m 18 and we all go to the University of Texas together I’m living here in their house and he still has no idea who Lucinda O’Malley really is.

Sh*t I know how to ride a horse better than he does. Hmm I’m Austin’s number one barrel racer two years running. Not sure if I’m competing this year or not. I loved my summers visiting mom’s family I learned how to help take care of the ranch. They have a horse ranch as opposed to the Code’y cattle ranch but hay a ranch’s a ranch.

I also go in to Austin every weekend and work at the Honky Tonk bar my family owns. I love it and I’m a freaking good bartender to if I don’t say so myself.

Funny that only Casey and now Mike, Leo and Mindy (Leo’s girl) know who I really am. They’re going to come down to the bar tonight because Luis has a date and they can't sneak out without Luis tagging along. Mike has some business guy coming in from New York City and he wants the give this guy the complete cowboy experience. I told him the bar is hopping on Fridays so it will be fun having them there.

I must admit it’s funny even though it does kind of hurt when Luis gets condescending with me. We always manage to laugh it off when he leaves and his brothers tell me I should tell him that he is was off the mark with his impression of me. What can I say it keeps him away from me I would rather hate him, then like him.

We finish our part of the chores and we ride back to the house where I tell Casey I’m going to shower and meet her back at her place for breakfast.

I take a quick shower and blow dry my hair and put on a pink silk dress, some black high heel shoes and a black cardigan to top it off. Man February in Texas is crazy its 74 degrees I love it and everyone here is cold to funny. Sh*t mom says there’s almost 2 feet of snow in Chicago.

I reach Casey’s house and she laughs “you trying to give Luis a hart attack. You know he’s going to be so pissed when they come in and he sees you dressed like that.”

I smile as I go and pick up baby Hope. “Hey girl I have to live up to that Barbie image he has of me. We both laugh and startle baby Hope. “Oh there, there baby” I coo.

Just them the door bursts open and in come Mike, Leo and the jerk Luis. “how are the most beautiful girls in the world” says Mike leaning in to kiss Casey. I smile and hold out Hope so he can kiss her too.

Luis looks at me up and down and I notice interest in his eyes then he opens his mouth and like always puts his foot in it. “Well, look at that here we are sweaty and sore from hard morning work and little miss L. Woods is all dolled up.” (yea you got it L. Woods like the chick in Legally Blond what a jerk)

I give him a sexy smile and say “Yea like what you see, you know I don’t get up early I need my beauty sleep if I’m expected to look this good.” and I blow him a kiss then he scowls at me.

Mike and Leo say at the same time “leave her alone .” then we all look at each other and laugh.

“Man Luis one day I will have the honor of watching you eat all your words and crawl like a dog with his tail between his legs.” Leo tells him then screams “aawwww” when I stomp on his foot.

He’s just dying to tell Luis the truth. But no, the job is all mine one day the right time will come.

******************************************

Well know can’t wait to see what happens.

Hope your liking it so far…..

As always

Comment ……

Vote on every chapter you like….

Become a fan if you want………….