Fixing the Kiss

I freeze, motionless. Sam's eyes get huge with shock. Ethan looks confused. I squeeze my eyes together tightly and think 'Dammit Audrey why'd you mess this up?'

"Care to explain what's going on audrey?" Sam says in a demanding voice. The room turns quiet. An eerie quiet. When I don't reply He reopens the door, exits, and slams it so hard behind him I'm don't know how it's still attached to the hinges. Ethan looks over at me. His eyes filled with concern.

"Audrey? What's happening?" He asks me. I cross my legs and place my hands in my lap.

"I don't know..." I say looking down. Why do bad things happen to good people? I've been a good person... I think? Sam shouldn't have blown up like that. He's the one who's been ignoring me! Why all of a sudden should I feel guilty about reaching out to someone who cares about my problems when he couldn't care less!

Ethan puts his hand at my chin and slowly lifts up my head. I look into his eyes and he says

"Everything will be ok"

The way he said it almost made it see true... I almost believed everything was going to be okay. How much stupider can I become? Nothing's going to be ok. Nothing's going to be the same.

I'm so angry, I can feel the power and anger in me. All I wanna do is yell at Sam for not being there for me, an ignoring me, causing this whole issue to happen. Man, I wish I could take all of this back. I want to go back to the time when I had Troy with me. The good days. The days when he would assure me that I was worth a million and he loved me. Even sitting next to Ethan, I feel so alone, so empty inside. It's like losing Troy all over again. I can't take this feeling. I jump off the sofa, grab my keys, and open the door.

"Stay as long as you like but I'm heading out." I say to Ethan as I proceed to open the door. I attempt to give him a smile but even I can tell he's not buying it. So I just close the door and get into my car. I am determined to fix this.