Chapter 15

Chapter 15

*Logan Lacosco*

I stared at the pool looking at my reflection. I took a sip of my beer and the bitter flavour melted in my tongue. I kept thinking of Bella and what she did to me. I can't believe she slapped me. I didn't know that she would be able to do it. Sure, she slapped me before when I got her expelled but I expected it from her. But now, it just caught me off guard. I didn't even see it coming.

"A little depress today aren't we?" A voice said making me startle.

"Sh*t man, don't sneak up on me like that." I cursed as Chase sat beside me opening his beer, which I assume he took from the mini fridge outside.

"Sorry, didn't know that you get easily scared." He apologized taking a sip of his beer. "So what's up? Why'd you invite me over?"

"I messed up big time man." I sighed yanking my hair out in frustration.

"Let me guess. Another episode of the Prince and Cinderella." He kidded.

"I don't know what to do anymore! I thought I was protecting her, but at the same time I'm causing her pain. I don't want to hurt her and I especially don't like it when other people cause her harm. What's the right thing to do?" I asked desperately.

"So let me get this straight. You're protecting her by pushing her away?"

"Yeah, I guess. It's the only way I could think of. I don't want her to get involve in my mess up life. Besides, all she wanted me to do since I came here is to leave her alone which I thought she still wanted."

Chase laughed humourless. "So you pushed her away after you confess your feelings for her?" He raised an eyebrow. I can tell by the look on his face that he was telling me that I was the biggest idiot in the world.

"That was a stupid idea wasn't it?" I asked scratching the nape of my neck even though it wasn't itchy.

"You think?" He said sarcastically.

"So what do I do now?"

"Well, have you asked her how she feels about you? What did she tell you when she saw you at the park?"

"She said she was worried about me when I didn't keep in touch with her."

"There's your answer then?" He smiled as he took another sip of his beer.

"Huh?" I questioned shooting him a bewildered look.

"She still cares about you. Which means that you're important to her. Have you even tell her about what is really going on in your life and what's the real reason why you're getting married to Rosalie?"

"No, I told you I don't want her to get involve." I explained running my hands to my hair in frustration.

"What if she wants to take that risk though? What if she wants to fight for your love and be with you? Have you ever thought of what she wants to do for you? Logan, you've known this girl your whole life and I know how much you love her. I'm pretty sure that she feels the same way about you. Just give it a shot and tell her and see how she will deal with it." He suggested giving me a pat on the back.

I let out a sigh and run a hand through my hair. "I guess you're right."

"Of course I'm right. I mean, that girl had been through a lot and the last thing she needs is a best friend of hers who left her and came crawling back telling her he loves her." He chuckled standing up.

"You're going already?" I asked?

"I know you're going to miss me sweetheart but I have a life too you know." He kidded making me laugh.