Chapter Two: Partnership

Hand in hand Fred and I walk down the stairs, besides us Mrs. Weasley is the only one up. We stop at the bottom of the stairs and he takes a deep breath. I squeeze his hand to let him know I'm not going anywhere. After a few more moments of us staring at our feet, we head into the kitchen.

Mrs. Weasley is sat at the table looking through an old photo album when we walk in.

Fred speaks first, "Mum? Can you make Mione and me some breakfast? I'm starving." Mrs. Weasley's head shoots up at Fred's voice.

"Why of course Freddie. What would you guys like? You both must be starving. Hermione hasn't even eaten since she sat herself up there." She stands ushering for us to sit. Fred sits us so we are facing the kitchen.

"I would like some orange scones, eggs, and bacon. As well as some pumpkin juice."

As he said it, my stomach growled. Then a well well missed sound follows, he chuckles.

"So would Mione." he releases my hand and sets his now free hand on the back of my shoulder. Shocks again run through my body.

"Got it!" she cheerily went to work on our food. He turns to me.

"You didn't eat?" his blue eyes are filled with concern. I shake my head.

"I had water and my books. I was too worried about you to eat. But hey, at least I still read." A very light shade of pink brushes on his cheeks.

"So, who has been running the shop?" He asks, of course he's worried it is his shop after all.

"Harry and Ron have been switching off days. They both have auror training so it is a little harder to constantly have the same person there. And Harry also has Teddy."

"Ah. I guess that rules out Harry," he mumbles.

"What do you mean?" I ask as Mrs. Weasley hands us our freshly made pumpkin juice.

He takes a sip before answering, "I don't want to live alone in mine and," he pauses, "George's apartment alone above the shop. Also I can't work alone, I need a 'Partner in Crime' or partner, whichever you wanna call it."

"Well I am reading up on becoming a healer and about to start weekend classes." Before I even realize where I'm going with this I stop after saying, "I can do it."

"What about Ron?"

I look down at my pumpkin juice, "We broke up. He was being a child, and I realized that there wasn't very much pure love there. We got together because it was 'meant to be'. I realize that I wasn't that upset with the break up. I love him, but not in a romantic way." I do air quotes around the words 'meant to be'.

I look up and see him staring me with his big blue eyes. I never noticed but his eyes are like oceans, a deep blue with specks of green and a lighter blue. In his eyes I saw something, something I hadn't seen in Ron's eyes.

"I would really like that Mione. You as my partner I mean. After all you have done for me it's the least I can do for you." He gives me a genuine smile. "Roommates plus a partnership. George used to deal with the money. Can you do that?"

I nod, "Of course."

"Great! I was thinking 60/40. Do we have a deal?" he holds his hand to me, and I don't hesitate to shake it.

"Deal."

"Eat up children." Mrs. Weasley hands us our plates smiling. A flame of hope lit on her face. We eat talking about what the future has in store for us.