Chapter Twelve ~ Anger.

~Chapter Twelve~

One by one projections of powerful shinobi appeared in a single room. The projects flickered and shimmered every second, eight total shinobi there. There is a flash of pure white, a sweep of silver mist and the crackling of lightning.

Three figures stand back to back; each holding their own particular presence. The only man had shaggy white hair, and he cracks his neck lazily before rolling his shoulders back. The older woman has wavy purple hair with piercing silver eyes that dare anyone to try and threaten her.

The final figure kept on going in and out of focus, an unclear picture forming. Black hair would turn auburn before shifting back, her face blurring from a single icy turquoise eye to two almond eyes. Traditional shinobi attire changed to ragged clothes dripping blood and back, making murmurs appear upon the other organization.

"My name is Emiko Fukkishimi, the Destroyer. Ex-Jonin of the Storm Village." The purple haired woman spoke sharply, her posture perfect and proud.

"I am known as Daiki, the Secret Dealer. Ex-Spy of the Storm Village." The man spoke next, his voice deep and having an even lower undertone.

It's silent for a few seconds before the final member speaks up. "I do not care what you call me, but I am considered a Storm Bringer." The blurry figure clears just enough for the other organization to catch a glimpse of a hardened warrior. "I... I have no real rank of importance, but it doesn't affect my skills." Her voice is mellow though everyone can detect the strain.

"My name is Pein, the leader of the Akatsuki. And it has been decided that we have accepted your proposition to join forces, in help the other reach our respective goals."

Emiko smirks slowly, "Good. I was worried this might get messy. As for the first exchange of information we'd like to-"

"Where is the shinobi team known as Hebi located?" Winter cuts her off, her voice echoing around the room. Emiko scowls lightly at the interruption, obviously having been hoping to get a different piece of information.

A man with red eyes layered with black looks at her. "They are near the Land of Water... " He takes a step forward. "What I wish in return... is to know what you were doing there?"

She lets a small smirk curl her lips up. "A real shinobi is someone who protects from the shadows, right?" Itachi Uchiha seems satisfied with her answer, which was good because her projection started flickering crazily. "Looks like I surpassed my limit..."

And with those words she disappears in a shimmer of snow.

***

Sasuke Uchiha was approximately .045 seconds away from murdering his supposed teammates. The red haired girl named Karin Uzumaki was a great asset... but so annoying. And the idiot Suigetsu Hozuki would not only set off Karin, scare random animals and poke Jugo... he'd complain that they weren't any closer to finding the Head Cleaver which Sasuke had promised him in return of Suigetsu's loyalty.

Unfortunately Sasuke had forgotten one not so minor detail, Zabuza's sword was in the possession of no other than Winter. Even though he'd grown substantially over the years there was always one other ninja he was wary he was going to run into, and he knew she'd slaughter him without one single regret.

And now here he was purposely trying to find the one person who wanted to kill him more than anything.

Oh, the joy.

He scowled as the purple eyed teenager dashed in front of him. "You said we would find Zabuza's sword within in a week... it's been fifteen days!"

"Hn, I didn't expect the owner to deflect from the Leaf Village." He tells him, his eyes flashing red with a warning. "You'll get your sword soon enough. Now fall back into the formation." Suigetsu sighs but does as the Uchiha commands, knowing that if it really came down it Sasuke could beat him in a fight without breaking a sweat.

Jugo pauses and looks around. "Something's coming." Within seconds Sasuke activated his sharingan, Karin narrowed her eyes to look for a chakra source and Suigetsu stood there smiling with his sharp teeth.

The red haired girl looked around the forest before feeling the edges of a chakra source. She felt her limbs lock up and she fell to her knees, her eyes widening in distress. "Cold... so cold!" She gasped out as the bare threads of chakra washed over her. "I've never felt any chakra like this, freezing and unmoving, lots of static energy built in as well." She looked up at Sasuke, her wide eyes showing her shock.

"That's not the worst part, I can only find an tenth of their original chakra source and it's making me like this."

Laughter drifted downwards as a girl swung down in front of the team, clapping slowly. "Congratulations. You sensed me!" A wicked grin was cast at the black haired leader. "Did you miss me, Sasu-baka?" The once friendly nickname was spoken with such venom that it sent chills down their spines, the girl practically spitting out the name.

"Winter." Sasuke breathes out her name in shock. He'd always assumed they'd find her, he'd never imagine she'd find them.

"Oh! So you're the chick that Zabuza gave his sword to?" Suigetsu grins happily. "I've been looking for you."

"Well I've been looking for you." She bites her thumb and wipes some blood across her wrist, a huge sword appearing in her hands. Without a single flicker of uncertainty she tosses the Head Cleaver, one of the seven swords from the Mist, to the white haired teen. He catches it and looks at her in shock.

She waves her hand dismissively, "I'm simply keeping an old promise. Besides Kiba is much more suited to my style of Kenjutsu." His eyes widen even more as he holds the giant sword securely.

"You were in possession of two of the seven swords?!"

"Yes, for a couple months. Anyways I better be off, my time is almost up." There's a flash of black and Winter appears in front of Sasuke within a second. Her single turquoise eye glares into his two obsidian colored eyes.

"You have no idea how much I want to destroy you right now." She hisses lowly, "But I've decided that you need to suffer as much as I have." She leans in close, the Uchiha hiding his worry. "I have decided once I finish with my latest... project I am going to track you down next."

He felt his blood run cold as she gives him a dark look full of vengeful promises. "You better hope you can dare to complete your own mission. Because once I'm freed, once I reveal everything, I am coming for you. There will be no country, no hideout, no crevice in this world where I cannot find you. I will hunt you down..."

Her eye flashes like lightning, the anger she felt clear. "And I will take away the one thing you could never survive without." She pulls back smirking haughtily. "I always wondered what would happen, if I sealed away your Sharingan..."

Sasuke stabs her in the heart, the clone disappearing into smoke as her last word rings in his ears.

"Forever."

***

Winter's body trembled in the holding cell, the lights shut off in the large place. She'd used a special technique to complete the few tasks she wanted to get done before she focused all her energy onto the plan she'd created. So far she'd completed Step One. Gather Information. It may not of seemed like it, but she'd been memorizing everything about this place.

Every crack in the wall, every victim of the Black Sell Out, every thrum of people cheering far above, all the grains of sand.

She let out a low, shaky sigh as sweat dripped down her face. It had been a risky move to go find Team Taka as well as go to the meeting but it had to be done. And she let a small smile grow on her lips as a realization crashed over her. She'd finally discovered her own nindo, her ninja way.

Know your limitations, then defy them. 

Yay! I managed to update the chapter :) and HAPPY HALLOWEEN! 

Gif of the look Winter gives Sasuke to the side/up top.

QotC: Do you think Winter has undergone significant character development? (this question is pretty important)