Chapter 5 -Busted

S t a c e y  W a l k e r

C h a p t e r  5

 I sighed, massaging my head. I couldn't walk home because it was raining, and my phone just had to  drain out of battery. So I had to use the coffee shop's phone.

"HELLO?" Mom yelled from the other end.

I flinched.

"Er- mom, it's me.. Flo?" I whispered.

There was a silence, and I heard mom breathing heavily.

"FLO? WHAT ARE YOU DOING OVER THERE?" She yelled.

The cashier woman stared at me, hearing mom yelling. l sighed.

" Susan and I went for a drink of coffee.. can you pick me up?"

Another silence.

" Stay tight. Move a muscle, you won't have any muscles." She said in a scary whisper.

She hung up.

I sighed, and plopped in a vacant booth. The coffee shop wasn't more of the newer coffee shops. In the farthest part of the cafe, the floor was checkered black and white, with those old jukeboxes. It never bothered me that this Cafe was the only old one in town. Here in California, we have a reputation for gleaming new stuff.

Someone shuffled over to the jukebox. And they turned on my favorite song, Billy Joel, Uptown girl. Sure, it was old, but I liked it.

Everyone automatically got up, paired up with someone and started dancing. The person walked over to me, sitting down at my booth.

"Care to dance?" Blake asked, pushing down his hoodie.

My mouth fell open, as I thought of a snarky comeback to say to him. Nothing came out.

"Come on girlie, give him a chance!" A random guy at the counter said.

I thought, what the heck? And I stood up.

He awkwardly put his hands around my waist, and my hands around his neck, and we did this little circle dance.

"So..." I trailed of.

"Yeah." He said. It was funny to see him wordless.

We did more awkward turns. He did those tango trust fall things, and I freaked out.

"You jerk, don't you know how to dance!" I muttered at him.

He chuckled.

"I'm a better dancer than you." He responded calmly.

I huffed. He was so arrogant.

The coffee shop door suddenly opened, and cold air swept the shop. I turned to the door, and gasped.

Mom was right there, in her neon pink tank top, grey shorts that had 'HIPPIE LIFE' over her butt.

"FLOOOOO!" She yelled.

I could've sworn right there and then, she caused an earthquake. Everyone was staring at me.

"I'M ASLEEP FOR 5 MINUTES, AND YOU SNEAK OUT?" She yelled, advancing on me.

The soft music in the background was hastily turned off by Blake, who then decided right then to put him arms around my waist. Which of course, mom noticed.

"SO THIS IS WHAT YOU DO? YOU GO WITH NO GOOD BAD BOYS?" She demanded.

Blake made a small cough in the back of his throat. Mom turned to him.

"PROBLEM?" Mom asked him harshly.

Blake looked affronted, but quickly looked cool again.

"Well... 'bad boy'.. really...?" He asked quietly.

Mom stared at him.

"Would you rather me call you a ' BITCH DICK FACE, GO FUCK OFF'?" She screeched.

The cashier woman tentatively came over to mom.

"Excuse me Ma'am, but we don't allow that sort of talk... with the kids here and all." She said.

Mom huffed.

"Alright, we're leaving." Mom said.

She held onto my arm so tightly, I knew there would be a slightly purple bruise afterwords.

"Your not going anywhere, anymore, you hear me?" Mom yelled at me once we were comfy in the car.

She started slapping my face, yelling at me. I didn't cry because there were worse to come.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Hey guys!

I'm on vacation! Wooh! It's gladly NOT some teenager prison!

I didn't think I was going to update today, but hey, it's a Friday!

It's short, more of a filler chapter :P

DON'T forget to comment.