Chapter 3

Max's POV

                  She was f*cking flawless. From the strands of her beautiful silk hair to her perfectly tanned legs that seemed to stretch until the ends of the earth, and her lips that would slightly part every time she was thinking of something.

                  "Max! Are you even paying any fudging attention?" It was as if she was chanting a melody- the words that came out of her mouth flowing gracefully.

                  "Maximilian Paul Diarmuid Irons!" Drew yelled through the speakerphone. "Let's shoot this again."

                  Nicole nudged me softly, an irritated look on her face. "Why so distant? Focus! Let's get this over with!"

                  And soon, we found ourselves packing for a trip to New York and Bali.

                  I turned towards Landon, my assistant. "Landon, are you sure you are capable of taking care of my flat?" I doubted him somehow, although he might be considered as one of my closest friends.

                  "Of course, boss." He mock saluted me. I scowled and walked away.

                  "Make sure everything is neat, no parties! Don't eat my food, and don't destroy anything."

                  "Max, you do realize that you would have to cancel your book signing tour with Stephenie, Jake, and Saoirse right?"

                  I did a face palm. "I completely forgot! Make sure to tell them that and then tell Jake I said hi."

                  "Will do."

                  I hopped in my limousine and opened the cap of my water bottle. "Here we go,"

                  Nicole jumped in glee as she opened her arms wide and inhaled New York's air. "Ah. Hello, New York!" She went down the staircase, dragging her bags with her.

                  "You know, there are people hired to carry your bags." I chuckled in amusement, as she seemed to be struggling with her bags.

"Really?" She sarcastically replied. "I would prefer carrying them myself, thank you very much." I sighed, as she was so hard headed.

                  "Here, let me help you carry one." I quickly put on my shades and went over to her. Silly girl. My figure towered over her easily, seeing as I was tall and she was short as a cupcake. I didn't know that phrase existed. Short as a cupcake. But it fitted her perfectly. Just as my-

                  I really should stop thinking dirty thoughts. I shook them off and took a bag of hers. Damn, they were heavy! What did she put in there? As if knowing what I was thinking, Nic giggled. "I put my gadgets there."

                  "Gosh, Nic, what did you bring? A television?"

                  She just laughed at my expression.

                  "Can't you see I am trying my best?"

                  Then, Jake came out of the plane. "Hey Max," he greeted me, purposely ignoring Nic for some reason. I would find out later, I reminded myself. Nic pouted, but had her back on Jake so he couldn't see her. I was shocked that their friendship turned so bitter, but was more than astounded when he actually decided to greet her so harshly.