Brandon.

"Brandon has suffered burns, first and second degree, on his right arm and chest-"
"Just get to the point, doctor. Please." Stef interrupted.
He laced his hands together. "It was clear to us that it was more than burns when Brandon was brought in. He has not shown any sign of consciousness. We found a large bruise on his head which indicates that something must have fallen on to him during the fire so we put him on a motor-"
"Like life support?" Lena blinked.
"Until Brandon wakes up he will-"
"What do you mean 'until he wakes up?'" Stef asked as she looked deep into his eyes.
"Brandon is in an induced coma. And he will remain that way until he responds to our medical attention or when he begins to show signs of consciousness"
Tears pooled in Stef's eyes.
"And how long will it be until he wakes up?"
"We can never be sure. But you must realise that the state Brandon is in now there is a very high chance that he might never respond."
The women looked at him blankly.
"So what does...what does that mean?" Lena quaked.
"I'm sorry." He finished as he looked down at his table.
"It's best that You are all with him, for Brandon's sake."
"When can we see him?" Lena asked.
"You can now." He replied.
He stood up and the two worried women followed him out and into a small dim lighted room.
Brandon laid on the bed. Shirtless with a blanket pulled up to his chest. A blue tube ran from his mouth to a pump by his bed, with other tubes and cords coming out from his body. He had a bandage wrapped around his head with a light blood stain on it.
Stef sat down on the chair next to his bed and ran her fingers down the side of his face. He was warm and soft but he wasn't in any state for words of aliveness.
"My baby." She whispered with a small teary smile.
Lena stood up looking down on the two. SHe grabbed his loose hand and squeezed it gently.
"It's ok, B. Your gonna be ok." Stef whispered again.
The sound of air pressure and beeps gave the women a sickening feel. Lena cringed at the sight and state of her destroyed son.
Stef looked at him intensely. "I love you Brandon." She whispered under her breath.
Stef stood up and looked over to Lena continued to look down on him.
"we should, we should go tell the others."

They left the room with tears pooling in their eyes.
"Honey." Lena muttered as she grabbed Stef in her arms.
They both cried.
"My baby." She cried into her neck.
"It's gonna be ok."

"I wonder why he was in the school anyway." Mariana questioned.
Callie didn't even realise she was talking to her. She was too focused on Brandon. What happened to him? Was he ok? She needed to know if Brandon was ok. That's it. That's all she wanted.
She clenched her hands hard around the arms of the chair she sat in in the waiting room.
Jude sat on the other side of her. He was reading the comic section in some women's magazine, him to trying to keep himself off Brandon.
Jesus sat sideways on a chair with his legs swung over the arms and resting back playing on his phone.
Stef and Lena walked in the room. They made themselves wipe away the tears before they told their kids that their brother had a chance of never coming back. They figured it was less frightful.
Once the kids saw them they stood up and walked over towards then slowly. Hearts racing and eyes wide with interest.
"What? What's wrong?" Mariana asked. "Where's Brandon?"
"Um" Stef began then looked down at her shoes. "Um, so Brandon was hit...he was hit in the head and he is now....he's now in a coma." Stef tried her hardest not to cry. But tears fell anyway.
"But he's gonna be ok, right?" Jesus said sternly. "I mean he has to be ok."
Callie swallowed the mass of pain and cry building up in her throat. She couldn't to cry. As much as she wanted to burst out with tears and yell to Brandon to wake up she held it back.
"It's not looking good." Stef replied in an almost whisper as she shook her head slightly.
"Can we, um, can we see him?" Callie asked.
Stef nodded calmly. "Yeah."
They all began to walk off but Stef stayed standing.
"Stef?" Lena said softly.
"I'm gonna go call mike. He needs to know." She replied gently nodding.

They followed Lena and the doctor back into Brandon's room.
Once they saw him they all froze with fear.
Tears fell down Marianas face as she entered and saw him closer. She fell into Lena's chest and sobbed.
Jesus just stood there. Breathing in and out deeply, trying desperately to hold back the tears.
Callie looked at him. She still stood in the doorway but she felt it. She felt all the pain and agony. She heard him breathe and she felt like throwing up. It wasn't natural, it was created by machines and technology.
She clenched her teeth together so hard that she thought her teeth would sink into her jaw bone.
A tear fell down her cheek without warning and from then on all she wanted to do was cry. She wanted to burst into tears and run to Brandon and shake him awake. But she couldn't. She could hardly even move for gods sake.
Clenching her clammy hands into fists she stabbed her finger nails into the palm of her hand trying to relieve some of the pressure building up.
"It's ok, B." Lena began as she grabbed his hand again. "We'll all here for you."
Callie swallowed hard pushing the cries and the screams back deep inside of her.
Suddenly she felt a hand touch her fist and it came opening up. She looked down to see Jude's hand connect with hers.
She looked over to him. He stood silently looking towards his brother than up at Callie.
He gave her a look that she hadn't been given before. And yet she knew what it meant perfectly.
Within the blueness of Jude's eyes he said something. It was like he knew that Callie loved him, like he knew how much it broke her to see him that way.
And out of everything that had ever happened all he saw in her was a girl who loved a boy and was trying to comfort her.
Callie smiled back slightly. She laced her fingers through his and held it tight.