Chapter 13 - Confessions

Chapter 13
Raven's POV
I stacked my research papers aside the computer and took out my phone, I received 3 messages, all from Mom.

"Hi sweetpea, how's school? We really miss you here."

"Your little brother just won 1st Place in an art contest last week, too bad you missed it, he really wanted you to be there."

"Stay safe, okay? And NO Boyfriends until you got a steady job, alright? ;-)"

"A winky face, nice one, Mom." I giggled at her last text.

She always ends her chain of messages with that precaution, I guess it makes sense, other than I'm her only daughter, she's a doctor, she's always very strict when it comes to things like that, she already gave me the talk about "Sharing Fluids" with my special other, honestly, that scarred me for life, she was VERY intricate to the details.

"Hey, I'm here." Jake entered the room.

"Oh hey, you're ba--" I stopped, and stared at him, he was covered with grass and dirt, "Woah, did a leprachaun attacked you back at the garden or something?"

"Ha...Ha..." Wait for it...

"Ha." He said as he changed his shirt.

I rolled my eyes and focused at Mom's texts, well at least I tried, the moment he came in, I remembered the whole "What about who" situation, I couldn't help but still be curious about who or what he was referring to.

"Um...Jake?" I turned around.

"Yeah?"

"I wanted to ask you..." I hung my head and shuffled my feet nervously, "Who were you referring to back there?"

His eyes narrowed and nervously answered, "W-What are you talking about?"

"You know, what Lewis said."

He shrugged and nervously shuffled his feet.

"You know," I walked closer to him, "Your feelings for a certain person?"

Jake's POV
"Uhh...I-I don't know w-what you're talking about I..." I stammered.

"Jake," Raven stared at me, her blue eyes piercing through me, "Answer me."

"Why'd you wanna know so badly?" I asked her, "It's not like I like any other girl than you!"

Her eyes widened, "What...?"

I shouldn't really say those things out loud.

"I-I mean...You k-know, Uh..."

"You..." She held my cheek, "Like me?"

I couldn't speak, no words would form in my mouth or mind, all I could feel was the warmth of her hands cupping my face.

"Raven..."

"Jake..."

I came closer to her face, our foreheads brushing against each other, I slightly blushed as I held her waist.

Raven's POV
Could this be it?
My very first kiss?

He pulled me even closer, to be honest, I was scared, I closed my eyes and gripped the back of his head tight.

"Heh," He chuckled, "Don't be scared, Ravie."

A storm of butterflies just went wild in my stomach the moment I heard the nickname he gave me.

"Jake...I--"

"No, Raven, just...Let me do this..."

Jake pushed me to the wall, his hands slid down to my sides, he closed his eyes and...And...

And so it happened, he kissed me, the heat from my face spread through my body like forest fire, I couldn't explain what I was feeling, I feel like I don't want to stop.

So I guess Em was right, I do like him, and he likes me back.

Knock Knock

My eyes shot open at the sound, Jake quickly pushed me away as the door opened, my face still red.

"Hellooooooo, you twoooo!" Emma jumped in with a tray of baked treats, "You guys want som-- Oh, Raven, you look...RED."

Of course it had to be Emma.

"Huh? Oh, Uhh...Y-Yeah." I shyly hid my face.

"Anywho, you guys want some cookies or babas? We just baked these, get 'em while they're fresh!" Emma said as she showed us her tray.

"Oh, no thanks I just had a snack of dirt and grass." Jake joked.

"Aw, BOO!" Emma jeered at Jake, "How about you, Raven?"

I couldn't resist her, she was my BFF, so I took some cookies and ate it.

"Wow, (munch) this is..." I mumbled, my mouth still full, "...(swallow) Good."

"Thanks! Anyways, I gotta go, I still have to ask the twins and the rest of the school for a taste until my tray is empty, see ya!!!" she waved and trotted outside.

"Wow," Jake looked back at me after he closed the door, "Clichè much?"

I giggled and cupped my cheek, I could still feel the warmth from our kiss.

"Raven," Jake looked at me.

"Yeah?"

"Don't tell anyone, okay?"

"Why?" I asked.

"Just don't," He held my hand, "It's complicated, just don't, please." He pleaded and squeezed my hand.

I couldn't resist those leafy green eyes, and not to mention his sexy voice.

"Don't worry, I won't." I assured him.

It was awkward silence, none of us even dared to speak, we both dodged each other's glances.

"We should probably go to sleep." I broke the silence.

"Yeah..."

I climbed up my bed and wrapped myself with the sheets, still thinking about our kiss, and what Jake said.

Our first kiss...

"Raven?"

"It's not like I like any other girl than you!" I remebered what he said.

"Raven??"

He likes me.

"RAVEN!"

I jumped up, startled.

"W-What?" I asked.

"Um..." Jake nervously glanced, and sat beside me.

"What's the matter?"

He leaned closer to my forehead, and gave it a soft kiss, he came closer to my ear and whispered...

"Good night, m'lady."

Dragons swooped mad around my stomach as I heard him.

"Why so sweet all of a sudden?" I raised an eyebrow.

He didn't answer, instead he climbed down and seems to have went to sleep.

I fell back and thought of all that has happened today, it was crazy.

First, I beated up Emma.
Second, Jake confessed.
And last, my first kiss.

I giggled everytime I remembered the scene of our kiss, and sighed and closed my eyes, hoping that I would have a dream of him.

"Mrs. Raven Fredrickson..." I whispered.

Clichè...Real Clichè.
-------Tea Time---------------+-------------
My gosh, sorry if this was short! My fingers hurt so bad after making this and I'm having writer's block.

I swear this looked better in my mind xD

sorry for late updates, WiFi is slow as crud.

I'll try my best to.make the future chapters longer, and if I can, I'll republish the first few chapters here.

That is all for now, I'm out!
**(Smokebomb)**