Chapter 10: Family Ties

Aphmau's POV

"Zenix" I whisper, then pause for a moment and frown. No answer. I take a deep breath then let out a loud high pitched whistle.

A howl, a crow, and a few yips in return.

I smile to myself - there all here.

"Mom?" a familiar voice calls quietly, as not to alert anyone near by.

I glance back towards Phoenix Drop one last time, Garroth is still standing on my front step. Laurence is no were to be seen. I frown again, furrowing my eyebrows as I realize Garroth is holding a bow.

He shot at me.

Garroth shot at me.

"Mom?" my daughter calls again slightly louder. I push the thought of Garroth attempt to injure me to the back of my mind to dwell upon later.

"Aphmau?" I recognize Aspen's voice calling for me now "Aden?"

"Aphm-" Zenix starts but I cut him off.

"Over here!" I call quietly. I smile widely as Zenix, Aspen, and my daughter, Ryeder, emerge from the thick foliage.

Instantly I leap forward, forgetting all my fears and worries for just a moment as I wrap my arms around my kid. She giggles.

"I missed you to." she manages a muffled whisper. I laugh lightly, and slowly let go of her. I brush my bangs out of my eyes and I begin memorize her every feature, just as I had done many times before.

Her long, unruly chestnut hair is tied up in a neat bun on the top of he head. Somehow golden flecks had found there way into her dark amber eyes and they seamed to sparkle in the now dimming sun light. She is sixteen though her full cheeks make her look younger. The freckles that blanket the bridge of her nose and the tops of her cheeks, give her a sense of innocence. My baby girl, she was only "born" a few years ago. I know it sounds weird but Ryeder is a medical -and magical- miracle.... I biologically engineered her. I used my own DNA of course so technically she is my daughter.

"What happened?" Aspen asked "We heard yelling and Ryeder caught your sent."

The reddish brown ears atop my daughter's head flick back and fourth at the sound of her name. Ryeder also had a matching white tipped tail that was at ,the moment, tucked into her knee length light gray dress.

Aden frowns "Loki contacted Jess and I had to reveal myself to her guards..... it went south quickly."

"Are you ok?" Zenix asks me and I could tell he was genuinely concerned.

I smile "Yeah I'll be fine but we have to go back for the boys."

"My brothers?" Ryeder asks excited. She had never met Levin and Malachi she was always to busy with missions or other work.

I nod "Yeah.... even if it's not biological they are family"

P.S.
I am so sorry for not updating in a wile but I will try to do a chapter every other week. And for 6k views I have a contest!

We all know Jess's super hero name is Lady Thor but Aden doesn't have a super name so I would like you guys to come up with it and if you have any other names for the other members of The Few.
Example: Sly uses the Iron Man suit but he is called "Silver Man"
And for context Aden's powers are:
-controlling water structure
-controlling water mass (water bender)
-telepathy (moving things with mind)
-teleportation
-extremely close to nature
-physical illusions
I also created a ask the cast book so go check that out.
Thank you guys for all the support and comment with your super hero name ideas!