Chapter Three

Chapter Three:

    They arrived to school just as first hour was beginning. Students crowded the campus as they headed to their class. A lot of them were chatting with each other while others were just silently walking. Stiles got out of the car, heaving his backpack on his shoulder. On cue, Danny did as well. He locked his car doors and gave a small peck on Stiles cheek.

   Stiles forced a smile. On the spot where Danny pecked him, was a bruise that had not yet healed. In fact, none of his bruises seemed to be healing. Make – up may have covered it but it didn’t cover the pain it emitted.

   “At fifth period I want you to meet me in the courtyard” said Danny.

   Stiles stared at him wide – eyed.

  “But fifth period is my chemistry class” he stated.

 “And your point is?” asked, Danny getting irritated.

    He grabbed Stiles by his upper arm and yanked him towards him. Stiles stiffened at Danny’s hard grasp. He shivered as Danny brought his face close to his, lips inches away from his ear. He could feel his warm breath hitting his skin.

 “Don’t make me cause a scene”

     It was those words that caused Stiles heart to go pitter patter. He quickly looked around at his peers. None of them have noticed them yet. Good. Stiles didn’t want their attention diverted on him and Danny. If they were, then they could probably figure out what’s happening. Stiles didn’t want anyone involve in his situation. It would only just make things worse, especially for him.

 “Alright, at fifth period I’ll meet you in the courtyard” surrender, Stiles and was relieved when Danny’s hands uncurled from his arm.

   “Good” he smirked cockily and left Stiles in the almost deserted parking lot.

     A tear poured out of the corner from Stiles eye. He rapidly wiped it away so no one would see it. He then slowly shuffled up the school’s steps and inside the building. Once there, he was swallowed into the large crowd. Stiles was heading to his locker so he could grab his textbooks. Just as he was about to open the navy blue metallic door, someone came up behind him.

   “You, bro” said Scott slapping him on the back.

    Stiles mouthed a silent scream. Four days ago, Danny had kicked him on the back. It was because he had forgotten to give him a goodnight kiss. Stiles shuddered at the memory of the beating.

  “Hey” he groaned, trying to hide that he was in pain.

   Scott smiled at him.

   “So why didn’t you text me back the other day?”

   “Huh?” mumbled Stiles as he grabbed his history textbook. He closed his locker door and turned to Scott.

 “On Tuesday I texted you.” He said. “I want to see if you wanted to hang out”

   Stiles rubbed his forehead. He thought back to Tuesday and what he was doing on that day. He remembered that Danny wanted him to cuddle with him. He wouldn’t allow him to leave the house.

  “Sorry but I was busy” lied Stiles.

    Scott stared with a look that wasn’t convinced. A gulp rose in Stiles throat. He hoped Scott wouldn’t ask him any more questions. He could stand lying to his only best friend. Before Stiles and Danny went out, Stiles confide to Scott about everything. Now they barely saw each other, all thanks to Danny. He didn’t like Scott and even suggested Stiles should stay away from him. But he couldn't.

 “I see” muttered Scott sadly.

    The subject was then dropped. Stiles sighed a sigh of relief. He started to walk down the hallway with Scott in tow beside him. The two boys talked a little until they reached their destination. They trotted inside their history class.

  “Ok class” said Mr. Hampton clapping is hands. “I’m going to give you a pop quiz”

    Everybody groaned. Stiles sat at his desk with his head on his palm. He didn’t care about the stupid quiz. He was going to fail it anyway. All he cared about was escaping his relationship with Danny. He was done with being his personal punching bag. Stiles was going to take a stand. And he knew the perfect opportunity when.

    The courtyard at fifth period.