5: That Makes Me Sound Suitably Heterosexual

Dan was certainly feeling the effects of staying up so late and completely ruining his life come something like ten the following morning.

At least he'd gotten that fucking photography done.

And at least Phil had liked it.

Somehow Phil liking it entirely outweighed the photography's original worth, and honestly Dan just didn't know what to do, and of course what he could possibly think about that.

Because Phil was this cool, yet odd, quirky, beautiful, blue eyed college boy, and Dan was currently sat in the corner of his art classroom willing his work to disappear into the fucking void, because suddenly with Phil gone, his work held no presence and no meaning and ceased to be little more than a burden upon him: something to be embarrassed of, ashamed of, because within minutes, Dan's self worth had crippled and fallen into nothingness, and it was all down to his fucking reliant tendencies, and the way he'd constructed Phil's presence in his mind, when in reality Phil was the weird fucking guy with a ferret called Susan.

But he was so, so beautiful, and Dan was in love with the idea of that, at least, and his photography, and his artwork in general was a pile of shit in comparison. Hell, Dan was a pile of shit in comparison, and he knew that thinking like this did nothing to help him, but still, his last concern was 'benefitting himself' as he placed his head down on the desk and tried to focus on not fucking falling asleep right then and there and melting away into the desk.

Dan enjoyed art, as it was, art, drawing and all that, but the actual class was not something he found himself quite so fond of, mainly due to the fact that Chris, his one and only friend, wasn't in it, and was indeed off doing drama and drooling over PJ Liguori - god, Dan hoped that one day he'd find some success when it came to PJ, even if that solely went as far as simply making somewhat decent conversation with him on a somewhat regular basis, because if he didn't, Dan was pretty fucking sure he was going to go insane from hearing about it.

"Hey, are you asleep?" Dan jumped up, his eyes widening as they met with a brown pair. The eyes weren't just there, existing solely as eyes, because if they were, then Dan would be pretty fucking certain that he was hallucinating at this point. Instead, they belonged to a girl with brown hair, about shoulder length - who Dan had never really paid much attention to, and had really never paid much attention to Dan either, until, of course, to ask him if he was asleep.

"No..." Dan stammered out, blushing as he did so, and only then coming to realise that the girl had caught sight of his photography and pulled it across the table to get a better look at it: something Dan had really not wanted to happen. "It's terrible- I'm sorry..." He managed to force out, before he resorted to just biting his lip and bracing himself for whatever atrocious consequences could possibly come of such a situation.

"No, no, don't say that." She exclaimed, causing Dan to tentatively pull his gaze back towards her; she remained focused at his work, glancing over it extensively, and Dan honestly felt as if she was slicing him open with a scalpel or something equally as horrific. "I like it, I really do, you have a clear style here. I mean, there's area for improvement, but there always is with everything - nothing ever has to perfect, as nothing is ever going to be. I think you could maybe try experimenting with contrast, and focusing more so upon the subject, as I think they can be a little fuzzy, like you can get lost in them - there's just so much, which is not a bad thing, I just personally like things to be clear and direct. Of course, you don't have to listen to what I say at all." She finished her sentence with a grin before sliding Dan's work back to him across the table.

"Oh... uhh... thanks." Dan found himself blushing again as he picked up his work and glanced over it once more before turning it over and placing it back down on the desk.